iPhone switching?

flippen

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
ok i heard from some of my friends that they might be
switching the iPhone to verizion
because data show that 30 something percent of all iPhone aren't being used for ATT, they are being use for t mobile or someother things
and apparently this cause ATT to lose money or something
and Apple might start making iPhones for verzion
would this be true?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
No, you have friends that have bad sources. Make sure they don't buy weed from the same person they get their info from.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Apple and AT&T have an exclusive agreement that stipulates that Apple cannot build a CDMA version until 2012. CDMA is the technology that Verizon and Sprint use. That doesn't mean that we won't see a T_Mobile version sooner than that, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sounds to me like your buddy is just a Verizon fanboy.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'm surprised this could even have ben mentioned as a rumor. I would say its just wishful thinking.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Apple and AT&T have an exclusive agreement that stipulates that Apple cannot build a CDMA version until 2012. CDMA is the technology that Verizon and Sprint use. That doesn't mean that we won't see a T_Mobile version sooner than that, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sounds to me like your buddy is just a Verizon fanboy.
What he said.

Although there is one thing that may happen, Verizon is looking into GSM technology, so sometime in the future before the iPhone is made in CDMA Verizon may have an iPhone if they do build the GSM platform.

That is something that may or may not happen, Verizon is still looking into the viability of the switch.