iPhone Sync changing times on calendar?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Everytime I make an appt in Outlook or on my iPhone and then run a synch, it changes the appt time on one of the devices! I've tried every configuration that I can think of and it keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this and if so, any fixes?

I am also getting the same issue if I reset the phone and try syncing it with my Mac too!

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Everytime I make an appt in iCal or on my iPhone and then run a synch, it changes the appt time on one of the devices! I've tried every configuration that I can think of and it keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this and if so, any fixes?

I am also getting the same issue if I reset the phone and try syncing it with my Outlook on my PC too!

pb30

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Minnesota
Everytime I make an appt in Outlook or on my iPhone and then run a synch, it changes the appt time on one of the devices! I've tried every configuration that I can think of and it keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this and if so, any fixes?

I am also getting the same issue if I reset the phone and try syncing it with my Mac too!
Only thing I can think of would be to make sure both devices are setup for the same timezones

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Everytime I make an appt in iCal or on my iPhone and then run a synch, it changes the appt time on one of the devices! I've tried every configuration that I can think of and it keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this and if so, any fixes?

I am also getting the same issue if I reset the phone and try syncing it with my Outlook on my PC too!
you need to make sure that iCal and the iPhone are both set to the correct time zone.

On the Mac - in Date & Time - select a city that is in your timezone

In iCal - go to PREFS/ADVANCED and make sure 'Turn on Time Zones Support' is checked

On the iPhone - go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/DATE & TIME and make sure TIME ZONE SUPPORT = ON

Then select TIME ZONE and make sure you select the same time zone/city as your Mac.

Now everything should sync at the same time in iCal and on the iPhone.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thank you!

you need to make sure that iCal and the iPhone are both set to the correct time zone.

On the Mac - in Date & Time - select a city that is in your timezone

In iCal - go to PREFS/ADVANCED and make sure 'Turn on Time Zones Support' is checked

On the iPhone - go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/DATE & TIME and make sure TIME ZONE SUPPORT = ON

Then select TIME ZONE and make sure you select the same time zone/city as your Mac.

Now everything should sync at the same time in iCal and on the iPhone.
That seems to have done it! I wasn't using the time zone function since I live in AZ and we never change our time. I suppose we'll see how everything goes when the time changes for everyone else next time. Thanks for your help!

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
That seems to have done it! I wasn't using the time zone function since I live in AZ and we never change our time. I suppose we'll see how everything goes when the time changes for everyone else next time. Thanks for your help!
No problem - I think you'll find that the time change works ok even for AZ - the Apple timezone clocks are set-up to take all of that into account.

It constantly confuses me when I go from CA to AZ though - you Arizonian's just have to be different! ;)

lcjohn04

Mar 13, 2008
iPhone changing times on calendar

I recently flew from the eastern time zone to the Pacific time zone and my calendar reset all my appointments back 3 hours. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a fix?

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I recently flew from the eastern time zone to the Pacific time zone and my calendar reset all my appointments back 3 hours. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a fix?
I've not yet experienced that. The only thing I would recommend (based on my traveling experience with my Treo and having the same problem) would be to turn off the time zone support on your phone settings. This way all of your appointments remain the same. You'll have to let us know if that works.

lcjohn04

Mar 13, 2008
I've not yet experienced that. The only thing I would recommend (based on my traveling experience with my Treo and having the same problem) would be to turn off the time zone support on your phone settings. This way all of your appointments remain the same. You'll have to let us know if that works.
After I posted I realized that I did not have the time zone support turned on. Once I turned it on it reset my appointments to the correct times.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
After I posted I realized that I did not have the time zone support turned on. Once I turned it on it reset my appointments to the correct times.
Glad to hear that it fixed it. FYI - not having time zone support on can also affect syncing negativily (at least it did to me in the past). So you may just want to keep a close eye on your calendars and make sure to backup regularly (if using Outlook).

Geren

Mar 3, 2009
Scotland
Thank you! I googled "iPhone calendar wrong times" and your post was one of the first hits - solved the problem straight away! I knew it had to be something to do with timezones but couldn't figure out what!

Aug 13, 2010
Time zone support on or off, doesn't seem to matter - sync stinks!

Glad to hear that it fixed it. FYI - not having time zone support on can also affect syncing negativily (at least it did to me in the past). So you may just want to keep a close eye on your calendars and make sure to backup regularly (if using Outlook).
I am having this same trouble of entering calendar items on iPhone or iPad and then syncing and having them off by 3 hours. Thought this started when we visited Calif. (usually on the East Coast) but I have adjusted settings several times since then and it still happens. Tried turning Time Zone Support off, then tried it On. Tried "set time zone automatically" then stopped doing that. It doesn't happen to all events, only some. Does anyone have any definitive advice on how to get my MacBook, iPhone and iPad to keep my calendar events on the right time? And also, is there a master/slave relationship here? In other words, which is the dominant source of info upon which the others depend? Thanks.

daletan

Jan 19, 2011
I am having this same trouble of entering calendar items on iPhone or iPad and then syncing and having them off by 3 hours. Thought this started when we visited Calif. (usually on the East Coast) but I have adjusted settings several times since then and it still happens. Tried turning Time Zone Support off, then tried it On. Tried "set time zone automatically" then stopped doing that. It doesn't happen to all events, only some. Does anyone have any definitive advice on how to get my MacBook, iPhone and iPad to keep my calendar events on the right time? And also, is there a master/slave relationship here? In other words, which is the dominant source of info upon which the others depend? Thanks.
Hi there,

The Time Zone Support options on the iPhone has since been moved to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars on the iPhone. Changing that to the current timezone worked for me, and I hope it does for you too.

As for your question on dominant sources : if I recall correctly, all events are coded with universal time, which displays differently depending on the timezone set on the display device.

Having said that, it follows that new events are created with the assumption that the device is already in the correct timezone - if you set events up when the device was wrongly set, all other properly-set devices will also take on weird display times.

Hope this helps.

D.