iPhone sync problems "iPhone disconnected"?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

petroid

Jul 26, 2007
When trying to sync the iPhone with outlook, my iTunes version throws up an error message about " not being able to sync because the iPhone is not connected anymore". The phone however is connected. I have the latest version of iTunes 7.3.1.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

Jun 30, 2007
When trying to sync the iPhone with outlook, my iTunes version throws up an error message about " not being able to sync because the iPhone is not connected anymore". The phone however is connected. I have the latest version of iTunes 7.3.1.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

me too! have tried to enable the add-ins, limit the amount of calendar days to be synced, etc...but repeatedly get the same problem!

advice anyone?

petroid

Jul 26, 2007
me too! have tried to enable the add-ins, limit the amount of calendar days to be synced, etc...but repeatedly get the same problem!

advice anyone?
Since then I have tried a few more things such as disabling Norton without results, uninstall and install iTunes without results and resetting the iPhone without results.

rick007

Aug 1, 2007
Same Sync Issues

iTunes recognizes my iPhone, then halfway through the sync process it freezes. I need to restart iTunes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, yet get the same sync problem. I am using XP pro.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am in the same boat. Everything syncs just fine until it gets to Outlook calendar and then it stops and says iPhone not connected. I have to click OK or cancel. My contacts and everything else syncs just fine.
:(

mikef137

Jul 31, 2007
I was having the same problem with iTunes claiming that the iPhone has disconnected during the outlook calendar sync. It is now working fine, and I'm not sure which thing I did to fix it, but here is what I did.

1) I had about a dozen appointments which were set to reoccur forever. I changed these to reoccur a finite amount of times, I think I used 100 occurrences since these were yearly and I'll long be dead before the last occurrence.

2) I also had several appointments that were exact duplicates, same date, time, names. I think these were from prior years palm pilot sync issues. I deleted all of the duplicates.

After making the above changes my iPhone syncs fine with the outlook calendar.

ymmv

Aug 11, 2007
Download this program to get rid of duplicates!

I was having the same problem with iTunes claiming that the iPhone has disconnected during the outlook calendar sync. It is now working fine, and I'm not sure which thing I did to fix it, but here is what I did.

1) I had about a dozen appointments which were set to reoccur forever. I changed these to reoccur a finite amount of times, I think I used 100 occurrences since these were yearly and I'll long be dead before the last occurrence.

2) I also had several appointments that were exact duplicates, same date, time, names. I think these were from prior years palm pilot sync issues. I deleted all of the duplicates.

After making the above changes my iPhone syncs fine with the outlook calendar.

ymmv

I was about to go insane when trying to get my calendar to sync 3 duplicate entries for all of my calendar events were created. I searched on microsoft.com for removing duplicates and found this program. It is free and it worked PERFECTLY. Removes duplicate calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. You have to try it.

http://www.anti-dupe.com/

Aug 24, 2007
iPhone sync can't handle calendar entries with blank "subject" lines.

The iPhone sync utility can't handle Outlook calendar entries with blank "subject" lines. See one of my other posts for how to resolve this. (can't include a url because I'm typing this on a Treo :( )

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Bad Outlook Invite

I had this problem. Uninstalled/Reinstalled iTunes. Reset my iPhone (and lost all my settings).

Turns out it was an recurring outlook event that i accepted.

Deleted the series and calendars are working again.

Off to re-build my phone - ugh!

ekologik

Feb 25, 2008
i got the exact same problem but found the solution. what was happening when you did it? like, did you add contacts or something? for me, i had added a contact, which didn't allow my contacts to sync for some reason. it was a specific person. i already had the entry added in my Address Book from Mail. i dragged the contact to my iPhone contacts group (which is the only group i have sync up with my iPhone, not the entire address book). this caused problems. so what i did was deleted the contact and entered everything from scratch. maybe whatever relationship was happening with that contact in Mail somehow messed something up? i have no idea... i just found the problem contact, deleted him, and re-entered him. that worked and everything is synced now. you could give that a try.