iPhone syncing problem

bncplix

Oct 24, 2008
Well I just removed a virus from my pc, one of those ones that ask you to install their virus scanning stuff

After i did that i had to reactivate windows, not a problem

I loaded up iTunes and tried to sync, all the checkboxes in each tab were unchecked (Sync music, sync applications, etc)

So I checked off Sync music, i got a pop up saying

"Are you sure you want to sync music? All existing content on the iPhone "Brandons iPhone" will be removed and replaced with songs and playlists in your iTunes library.
Sync music Cancel"

So i clicked sync music, thinking it will only remove and readd the music, thats not a problem

Another pop up came saying:

"Are you sure you want to remove 89 applications, including "airYell"(don't know why it randomly chose this one?) from the iPhone "Brandons iPhone"? This will delete these applications and their data from the iPhone."
REMOVE CANCEL

I have over 100 apps from the store on my jailbroken phone, and im worried ill loose my other settings

Is there anyw ay to prevent this so it can go back to syncing how it use to?

Please help me ASAP

bncplix

Oct 24, 2008
i know there is a way, does nobody know? :(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Somehow iTunes lost your account information, I think.

Try going into iTunes under the "Store" menu and "Authorize Computer"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
By the way, if you do need to restore, you will need to rejailbreak. Any apps you bought from the appstore should redownload without a problem.

bncplix

Oct 24, 2008
"This machine is already authorized
Including this one, you have authorized a total of 1 machines out of your available 5"

Guess im just reinstalling everything, loosing all settings...great

bncplix

Oct 24, 2008
is there any way to back up all my app data?

Edit: I think i found it, /User/Applications

If i copy al this off, do it, then copy them all back in will all the settigns go back without a problem?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yes, I would backup your entire iTunes library just to be safe.