iPhone tethering is here!

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
There must have been a slip in the Apple security to let this one get by. I would have loved it.

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Damn that sucks. I was like the 1st person to see this post, then I went to buy it. I was asked to update my iTunes. I waited for it to update and now that its done the APP is gone Grrrr..

So let me ask, did anyone get this APP? And if so is it still working?

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
That is the truth. Think about the people who paid the 9.99 for the application and then it is suddenly removed from their phone, now that is just not right! Really kind of creepy if it just disappears

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Aaaaarrgh! I'm so bummed I missed buying this! I tried while I was on the train and thought my connection was unstable enough that I couldn't download it, and now I can't now that I'm finally home! Damn! :mad:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I snatched it up as soon as I saw it posted. It works quite well! Here are the setup directions:

NetShare HOW TO

I only played with it for a few minutes. It may only support web access as my email was unable to connect. The instructions say to use iChat you have to turn on proxy support in the iChat preferences so there may be some proxy requirement for other apps too.

It definitely does the trick to get online with a laptop over my iPhone's EDGE connection. :cool:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Was this for Mac only or did it work for PC as well?
I only tried with my MacBook. I suspect it should work on Windoze as well if you can create a Wifi network and connect it to a SOCKS proxy.

negotiator

Jan 4, 2008
Jeez, why can't we get this? Any explanation to why it was taken down?
Anyone willing to provide the app? Is it even possible to download an app outside of iTunes and then install it through iTunes without downloading it from the app store?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I snatched it up as soon as I saw it posted. It works quite well! Here are the setup directions:

NetShare HOW TO

I only played with it for a few minutes. It may only support web access as my email was unable to connect. The instructions say to use iChat you have to turn on proxy support in the iChat preferences so there may be some proxy requirement for other apps too.

It definitely does the trick to get online with a laptop over my iPhone's EDGE connection. :cool:
Lucky you, Joe. Hopefully you don't get contacted by AT&T.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Lucky you, Joe. Hopefully you don't get contacted by AT&T.
Exactly. ATT isn't going to lets this happen. What the issue becomes now is do the people that were able to buy this App get a refund? I would think Apple would have to, after all it was really their fault it got in the App Store in the first place.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Apparently this was on Nullriver's website as well, but they pulled it there too. As another site pointed out, I have to wonder if the word "lawsuit" was used.