iPhone tethering

buzznfrog

Jul 14, 2007
Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any developers currently working on a tethering program for the iPhone. Wouldn't it be nice to simply plug your iPhone into your computer, click a button on your iPhone, and there you go, you're on the internet. What do you think?

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any developers currently working on a tethering program for the iPhone. Wouldn't it be nice to simply plug your iPhone into your computer, click a button on your iPhone, and there you go, you're on the internet. What do you think?
that would be awesome.

buzznfrog

Jul 14, 2007
termleech,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that website before and I must say, things seem a little bit complicated, even if they do work as stated. I think it would be interesting to see a program that automated that entire process for you so it would be as easy as plugging your iPhone into your Mac, "slide to connect", and you're on the internet. I should have been more specific; I know there are tethering apps out there, but none of them are easy yet.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Ah, the slide to connect part and instant connect is quite a bit more difficult. I suspect it's possible to make it that easy, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think for most people the tethering that exists works just fine (I keep meaning to try it myself) and you probably won't see such an easy solution anytime soon.

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
an u tether the iPhone to a laptop? If so how? My work Internet is down and I need a Internet connection to send reports. Thanks a lot!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Check out PDAnet in Cydia. It explains to operate it - it works with both Mac and PC, is free, and requires no counterpart on your computer.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^i read they were charging now or something. i used it when it was free, and still have it, but haven't used it in a little while.