iPhone Tetris

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

snamd

Jun 19, 2007
I modified some existing code ffor Tetris to fit into a full screen view of an iPhone window as seen here: http://www.yucs.org/~snamd/iPhone/
Does anyone have any info of what the standard zoomed out resolution for the iPhone browser will be? Will this resolution work in the real iPhone world?

I also added some buttons on the bottom to allow for iPhone play without a keyboard. Theoretically, these kinds of actions could turn an iPhone into a solid gaming platform with the ability to create buttons and place actions anywhere or the screen.
However I am unsure how these buttons will work, and how the iPhone knows how to diffrentiate between a "tap" that zooms in and a "tap" that clicks a button, or if it is even possible to "hold" a button down by holding your finger on the button...
Would love some help from anyone that maybe has an iPhone... if not, guess I gotta wait 9 days

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
Nice, looks like a great start! Maybe after a few months after launch we can get better coding for games and etc. Although I think you did you a good job on this.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have been waiting and looking for tetris for the phone for a long time! So thrilled for when the fullscreen version is completed. Keep is informed!

DCCFRAPP

Dec 29, 2007
I modified some existing code ffor Tetris to fit into a full screen view of an iPhone window as seen here: http://www.yucs.org/~snamd/iPhone/
Does anyone have any info of what the standard zoomed out resolution for the iPhone browser will be? Will this resolution work in the real iPhone world?

I also added some buttons on the bottom to allow for iPhone play without a keyboard. Theoretically, these kinds of actions could turn an iPhone into a solid gaming platform with the ability to create buttons and place actions anywhere or the screen.
However I am unsure how these buttons will work, and how the iPhone knows how to diffrentiate between a "tap" that zooms in and a "tap" that clicks a button, or if it is even possible to "hold" a button down by holding your finger on the button...
Would love some help from anyone that maybe has an iPhone... if not, guess I gotta wait 9 days

Ok. I looked/found this page up on my iPhone, and the zoom is annoying and it makes it so I can't go right/left/down.
Is there a better version now?
Or some way I can turn off the zoom.

Apple should creat Tetris for iPhone. :pP
But anyways..
Help Me?
-Thanks. :)