iPhone Text Messaging help!

dllfiles

Jul 11, 2007
Okay so this is so annoying, when I goto text one of my friends, I type in the Area code first:

(555) 555-5555

thats what it looks like, and it says that its not a valid phone number, Ive also tried it without the area code, and still the same thing, Ive tried it with the area code and a 1 in front of it, but still it says enter a valid phone number. AHHH this is driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

thanks

Iocane

Sep 16, 2007
Well, I believe then his phone does not accept text messages. I just tried to text my house phone (which of course can cannot accept text messages) and I got your same error screen. Either it is a bad number, house line, or cannot receive text messages.

dllfiles

Jul 11, 2007
Well, I believe then his phone does not accept text messages. I just tried to text my house phone (which of course can cannot accept text messages) and I got your same error screen. Either it is a bad number, house line, or cannot receive text messages.
I text all the time with my iPhone, just this number and a couple others don't work for some reason.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you have the person in your contacts, just find the contact under Phone, scroll down, and select Text Message.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Has this friend sent a text message to you? Does this happen when you try to "reply"?

GET_1NE

Oct 29, 2007
I have this same problem and I have now had my phone for about 2wks. It just recently started acting like this a few days ago and it seems AT&T or Apple phone support don't have a clue on whats going on. AT&T tried to drop and re-add the data package but that didn't work. I'm thinking of taking it in to an Apple store and letting them look at it. Has anybody found a solution to this problem?

Last edited by a moderator: