iPhone the only one to work in Ecuador out of 5 others!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dogpilot

Jul 24, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Ok,
I had a businesss trip to Ecuador, a week after getting the iPhone. I actually brought my old unlocked Razor as a back-up, just in case. Well, out of my group, my iPhone was the only one that could send and receive calls. It did all the dialing without me changing any dialing preferences without problem. Virtually everybody was floored. I had expected some problems, but I had no issues. So if you plan to go to Guyaquil, Ecuador your safe. It even worked in the out of the way costal towns of Salinas and Playa.

My only grief has to do with high priced hotels charging you ridiculous rates to hook up to WiFi. When I pay $240 a night, I really get frosted when they nick me for $6 an hour for a wireless connection. It cracks me up that cheap hotels have it for free.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Ok,
I had a businesss trip to Ecuador, a week after getting the iPhone. I actually brought my old unlocked Razor as a back-up, just in case. Well, out of my group, my iPhone was the only one that could send and receive calls. It did all the dialing without me changing any dialing preferences without problem. Virtually everybody was floored. I had expected some problems, but I had no issues. So if you plan to go to Guyaquil, Ecuador your safe. It even worked in the out of the way costal towns of Salinas and Playa.

My only grief has to do with high priced hotels charging you ridiculous rates to hook up to WiFi. When I pay $240 a night, I really get frosted when they nick me for $6 an hour for a wireless connection. It cracks me up that cheap hotels have it for free.
that's cool man, How much you pay in roaming charges?

Dogpilot

Jul 24, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I did an account check today, but none has posted yet. So I assume it is the standard $1.98 International roaming. Considering what it cost to get a field team out and in country, it is rather trivial.