iPhone Themes work, but...?

Discussion in 'Themes' started by sailorhannah_, Mar 28, 2012.

1. sailorhannah_

sailorhannah_ New Member

my regular wallpaper does not work? i sincerely apologize if this is not where this thread belongs, i am so new to forums. help directing me in the right way would be appreciated! anyways, my background is totally black, but the icons are still there. i was messing around with ifile and i may have done something :/ i tried going into var/mobile/library/springboard i think it was and deleting lockbackground.jpg but it didn't do a thing. the weird thing is that i can use themes from winter board and the wallpaper works fine. but my own wallpaper wont. even when i click a certain icon my selected wallpaper comes up, but when i close the icon, it goes back to black. i'm also on an iPhone 4 running on 5.0.1

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You probably don't want to delete stuff with iFile unless you back it up or know exactly what you're doing. ;)

If the Winterboard theme you're using includes its own wallpaper it will generally override your chosen wallpaper. Go to var/stash/Themes, find your theme folder, then look for the .png files for the lock screen or home screen wallpapers. Simply deleting these files (or renaming them subtly) will allow your normal wallpaper to be seen.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Do you see your wallpaper when you open a folders? If so, do what kadelic just suggested.