iPhone themes?

silentone

Jul 15, 2007
Hello All, Does anyone know if it is possible to create themes for the iPhone?

Silentone

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
what kind of themes r u talking abt? As far as I know, you can only change the wallpaper and right now, there's a hack for custom ringtone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You can do more than that now. Check the link I posted in my first post in this thread.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You can do more than that now. Check the link I posted in my first post in this thread.
That's pretty cool, but I think I'll keep my colors. =]

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well that's just a start. What it means is that people will be changing the icons and eventually the choices of icons on the home screen.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Thats going to be pretty interesting Im supprised with how much progress has been down with as far as editing and like the carrier sign being able to edit just because its a .png soon they will have a wallpaper for the home screen I bet.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Matter of days probably. The thing is Apple can ruin all their hard work with one iTunes update.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I haven't tempted to try any of it or really read to much into it, is it something that Apple can just patch up rite away that will basically put an end to it for some time till another "exploit" is found for it?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well people can always refuse the updates through iTunes. I guess what they hackers will do is let one person do the update to see what the advantages are and then they'll decide whether or not to follow along or just continue with what they have.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah thats true I suppose not all updates will be great every update has its issues I guess... I guess kinda like ps3 with pdx iso loader heh

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
i just wish they would hurry up with the dang updates...maybe they should hire some of these hackers..lol they seem to work fast:laugh2:..j/k

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I wish they would hurry too but they don't wanna mess stuff up and have our phones even worse and we complain even more. besides they wont release an update that will say update at your own risk lol unlike the ringtone deal it could leave you with a dead iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wish they would hurry too but they don't wanna mess stuff up and have our phones even worse and we complain even more. besides they wont release an update that will say update at your own risk lol unlike the ringtone deal it could leave you with a dead iPhone.
I think the custom ringtone hack is pretty safe if you follow the instructions specifically. If you're not good at reading instructions, then I wouldn't advise it.:mad:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
That's pretty cool, but I think I'll keep my colors. =]
Its just POC (proof of concept) Showing it can be done. Now its up to others to do all sorts of neat things with it. Like we are doing with the carrier logo change etc.f

And as for the at your own risk, if they don't put that in and you mess up you can try to blame them. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to brick your iPhone.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well that's just a start. What it means is that people will be changing the icons and eventually the choices of icons on the home screen.
People can already change around the icons, I saw it on another forum. I didn't do it because I don't really care where my apps are right now. They are fine where they are at.

silentone

Jul 15, 2007
by theme I mean changing not only the wall paper but also the icons and the menus etc..just like themes on a blackberry

bklynjava

Jul 9, 2007
by theme I mean changing not only the wall paper but also the icons and the menus etc..just like themes on a blackberry
Sure will - Theres a Few things under development already.

Imagine09

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Hacks are great!

...the guys and gals that come up with them fill a need/desire for those of us who want choice in our devices. Their contribution aids in the evolution process, where we all benefit-hats off to you guys!