iPhone thinks we're in California?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
For some strange reason, my iPhone 4S and my wife's, too, keeps saying we're in California. We are actually in Florida. Not sure why this is happening. Like for instance, last night I tried to get directions to a local restaurant using my current location and it directed me like I was coming from CA. Also, when my wife makes a post on Facebook, it says her current location under her status update is CA. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? It's annoying...

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
For some strange reason, my iPhone 4S and my wife's, too, keeps saying we're in California. We are actually in Florida. Not sure why this is happening. Like for instance, last night I tried to get directions to a local restaurant using my current location and it directed me like I was coming from CA. Also, when my wife makes a post on Facebook, it says her current location under her status update is CA. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? It's annoying...
I had this problem with my 3G when I was in certain buildings. It kept locating me in Turkey. But I haven't had this issue with my 4.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Wow, that's kinda crazy! How about time, if you set it to Automatically under Settings>General>Date & Time, will it set your time to PST, or leave it at EST?

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I had this happen yesterday on FB I'm in Dallas and said I was in Holland Michigan! WTH

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When I had my 3GS I was in Alabama forever, never even been to that state, fixed itself up. Turn location off and do a hard reset, see if that helps.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Seems like parts of the Sprint network occasionally have some sort of mental breakdown. My old Evo went through a period where it insisted I was in East Africa, yet I never left New Jersey. It appeared that a firmware update set it off, but it just seemed to fix itself one day. The fix was to turn off network time/date. Odd that it wasn't location services causing the problem.