iPhone Timeline

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Wow. Been in the works for a long time. I'll honest, I never heard of the iPhone until sometime in June of last year. But then I was far from an Apple fan then. Now I have an iPhone and a fairly new MBP. So I guess you could say I have done a 360 since then.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've been following the iPhone before Linksys came out with its iPhone. The iPhone was way too expensive when it came out last year and I was still in my 2-year contract. When my contract expired earlier this year, I looked at all the different phones I could get and everything pointed me to the iPhone. Then, my friend told me to wait because a 3G version is going to be released. From then on, I've been non-stop researching and obsessing. So, only 7 more days to go! :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I only heard about it when it was officially announced in January of last year. I've been obsessed with it ever since.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
The first time I had ever heard of it was when I went to Apples website and saw they had a keynote video about a new product and decided to watch it...If I remember correctly, maybe the same time that binks did...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
The first time I had ever heard of it was when I went to Apples website and saw they had a keynote video about a new product and decided to watch it...If I remember correctly, maybe the same time that binks did...
Oh my, I got all goosebumpy watching that keynote! Then I obsessed over the iPhone and wore my husband down until he agreed that I could get one.

Now I am getting 3G and he is getting mine. :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I only heard about it when it was officially announced in January of last year. I've been obsessed with it ever since.
Same here. No idea this has been going on since 1999.

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Same here. No idea this has been going on since 1999.

- John
It's crazy to think that this was 8 years in the making and it was only 6 months prior to the release that (I'd say) 90% of people heard about it. Apple is great with their levels of secrecy.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's crazy to think that this was 8 years in the making and it was only 6 months prior to the release that (I'd say) 90% of people heard about it. Apple is great with their levels of secrecy.
Yeah, except with iPhone 3G. Worst kept secret in the technology field of all time.

- John

Jul 1, 2008
Yeah, except with iPhone 3G. Worst kept secret in the technology field of all time.

- John
Well to be fair, in the 2007 Macworld keynote when Jobs announced the first iPhone, I think he said something about a 3G iPhone coming in the future, so it was never a secret that one would eventually be made.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well to be fair, in the 2007 Macworld keynote when Jobs announced the first iPhone, I think he said something about a 3G iPhone coming in the future, so it was never a secret that one would eventually be made.
He stipulated that until batteries improved, the 3G iPhone was out of the question. I guess they improved over the last year; at least I hope so.:eek:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
He stipulated that until batteries improved, the 3G iPhone was out of the question. I guess they improved over the last year; at least I hope so.:eek:
Well if the specs Apple provided are true then this battery life is going to be ridiculous. I already get really good battery life with my v1 so any improvement is certainly welcomed.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Well if the specs Apple provided are true then this battery life is going to be ridiculous. I already get really good battery life with my v1 so any improvement is certainly welcomed.
The overall improvement in the quality of the battery will be offset by the higher draining 3g technology. Most have speculated battery life will drop slightly, but not too badly.