iPhone to allow Third party Apps!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
What bothers me about that article it the whole "real keyboard" thing. I hear it over and over again. It's all the skeptics hang on to. Atleast USE the damn thing before making a judgment. It's one of the features that really interested me to start with.

Bah.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
What bothers me about that article it the whole "real keyboard" thing. I hear it over and over again. It's all the skeptics hang on to. Atleast USE the damn thing before making a judgment. It's one of the features that really interested me to start with.

Bah.
I completely agree, I can't wait to use it and I'm sure it will be much more enjoyable than the current plastic keyboards.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Real keyboard?

Go to hell.

Not having a plastic keyboard is a huge selling point for me.
That's where you'll find Windows (Jobs D quote). :laugh2:

I feel the same about it being a selling point. He mentioned during the keynote that you'll get used to the keyboard quickly and end up typing faster. I suspect the same.

ATTingular

Bronze
May 27, 2007

Bah.
Engadget has some of the worst writers on the internet. Only reason anyone goes there, and not gizmodo.com whom engadet depirately tries to imitate, is because it gets all the scoops. Really, go check out gizmodo, where the humor is usually sharp and witty as opposed to the venomous cheapshots engadget passes off as sarcasm.

May 31, 2007
I do think it's odd that everyone is freaking out over the 'no real keyboard" thing. Watching that video and reading the quotes, I feel like it comes down to something that Jobs said: "You have to trust the keyboard..."
I feel like a virtual keyboard is something you have to get used to and not micomanage, in a way. Just type, and trust that it is typing what you'd like. Make a few adjustments here and there and it'll be fine.
Although did anyone notice the ratings on texting with the iPhone was the only area the iPhone got beaten out by other cell phones.
Do you think this is due to the keyboard, or maybe the texting function all together?

-C