iPhone to come with GPS in 2008!

May 6, 2007
United States
I agree. I think Apple's iPhone resources will be focused on international versions for awhile. If a new iPhone is released before the middle of 2008, I think it is likely to be a lite version (less features and less expensive).

I also think there will be a new generation of video iPods released before the next version of iPhone. As you know, Apple likes to bring one product into the spotlight at a time so they don't have products stealing the thunder from one another.
Yeah, it seems like they rotate between their products. They did the video, then a new nano and finally a new shuffle (I am not sure about the order but...:laugh2:). The light version bit is possible, but I don't even think they will do that. I think they will wait at least a year to release another version, seeing how it plays out and what they can do to improve. THEN they start making it, so my guess would be a year and a half from now. Plenty of time to use version 1 :laugh2:.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
3G would be nice, but the network is still not complete anyway. EDGE is definitely slower, and I've never tried streaming video on an EDGE device, but I can't wait for a second generation iPhone. I'll buy the first, and then pass it down to one of my kids when I buy the second.
Hey, can you do me a favor (and the other people curious on this board)? Try streaming video with your edge device, like something on YouTube, just a standard minute or two video clip and let me know how long it takes to load...

I just wanna hear the length of time people are complaining about here...

I have a feeling some people are being a bit picky...

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble I'd be curious to hear what your results are.
Thanks!

May 6, 2007
United States
Hey, can you do me a favor (and the other people curious on this board)? Try streaming video with your edge device, like something on YouTube, just a standard minute or two video clip and let me know how long it takes to load...

Anyway, if it's not too much trouble I'd be curious to hear what your results are.
Thanks!
This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Steve Jobs will allow it to be extremely slow, with how expensive and hyped this gadget is. I would be interested to see how slow it loads, as well. Anybody?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Thanks!
I'm not sure I could even download any streamlining data on my EDGE phones. Either way I can't do it know anyway as I'm in Florida on vacation for the next twelve days.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
this is only my opinion, but GPS isn't that important to me.

a. i have a navigation in my car
b. living in LA, i'm not exactly going to be walking anywhere where i would need directions.

it's not a deal breaker for me.

as for the 3G argument, see the thread re: 3G and battery life below. again, this is my opinion, but i would gladly trade better battery life for no 3G especially since the iPhone has wifi capabilities.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
this is only my opinion, but GPS isn't that important to me.

a. i have a navigation in my car
b. living in LA, i'm not exactly going to be walking anywhere where i would need directions.

it's not a deal breaker for me.

as for the 3G argument, see the thread re: 3G and battery life below. again, this is my opinion, but i would gladly trade better battery life for no 3G especially since the iPhone has wifi capabilities.
Good points.