iPHone to get Blu-Ray Compatibility

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It seems that T3 believes that the iPHone and Touch will soon be able to receive a digital copy wirelessly from a Blu-Ray player. I can't see Apple leaving that amount of cash on the table, but I would LOVE to see this come true.

Also Netblender believes the iPhone could become a remote for your Blu-Ray player.

Apple Takes Control of Blu-Ray

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
That would be great, ColsTiger. Wonder what the bandwidth requirement would need to be, and whether or not the capability would be there to stream wirelessly over the internet.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't know whether it will help me much either way. I use the PS3 as my Blu-Ray player and I don't see Sony making anything easier for Apple.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The Article said:
if there's one more thing we need in the world it's another remote.
The iPhone could be the world's best, most ubiquitous universal remote ever if some company would seize the opportunity.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The iPhone could be the world's best, most ubiquitous universal remote ever if some company would seize the opportunity.
I use mine to control all functions of Beyond TV media center. Problem is that most Set-Top Boxes to do cable, DVD, blu-ray, etc all use IR to control the device and thank god Apple didn't put IR in there like some companies...cough.....Nokia.....cough.:laugh2:

It really is an old technology and WiFi would provide better connectivity to other devices as an added bonus.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I use mine to control all functions of Beyond TV media center. Problem is that most Set-Top Boxes to do cable, DVD, blu-ray, etc all use IR to control the device and thank god Apple didn't put IR in there like some companies...cough.....Nokia.....cough.:laugh2:

It really is an old technology and WiFi would provide better connectivity to other devices as an added bonus.
I'm envisioning a wifi IR dongle left somewhere in the room.