iPhone to Mobile.me?

boozeman

Aug 11, 2007
I can't seem to figure out how to get contacts added on my iPhone to appear on my mobile me site or on my iMac. What am I doing wrong?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that depends on what you're doing.

did you follow everything here?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Yep I followed those directions (well the ones for PC) and it worked just fine. I can add calendar or contacts to any one of the three (PC, iPhone or mobileme) and within a minute the change shows up on the other two.

boozeman

Aug 11, 2007
Yeah. Its just when I add a new contact on my phone, I thought it would appear at home on my mac. Every time I sync with iTunes it replaces the contacts on my phone with the contacts on the computer which does not included the new ones on my phone. Even after days of waiting and turning push on and off again. I thought I could make changes (additions) to either my iPhone or mac and they would merge. This doesn't seem to be working for me.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Sounds like your mac is not syncing with mobile me and you do not have your iPhone set to sync with mobile me. When you plug in your iPhone to iTunes and click on the info tab, it should say your contacts and calendar (assuming you selected both in the mobileme control panel) are being sync'd with yout iPhone over the air with mobile me. If it doesn't your not set up right.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
start here do both iPhone setup and mac setup.

boozeman

Aug 11, 2007
I cant get past step 1 of the setup. When I sync in iTunes my contacts are supposed to be on my mac. They don't change.

If you have a new iPhone or iPod touch, skip to step 2. Otherwise, follow these steps to sync with iTunes:
With your iPhone or iPod touch still connected to your computer, go to the iTunes Info tab. Click the checkboxes to sync Address Book contacts, iCal calendars, and Safari bookmarks.
Click Apply, then click Sync.
Make sure that the contacts, calendars, and bookmarks from your iPhone or iPod touch are now on your Mac. Open Address Book, iCal, and Safari on your Mac to check the contents.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Can you post a screen shot of your info tab? Black out any personal info.

boozeman

Aug 11, 2007
I got it to work by deleting the mobile me account under settings-mail, contacts etc... and then recreating it. works like a champ now! Thanks to all who helped!