iPhone to new PC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

amedina

Sep 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
I've search and practically read all posts in the Windows PC and iPhone section, but haven't found exactly what I want to ask, so here it goes:

- Messed up my PC, need to format.
Once I do, and when I connect the iPhone to a clean iTunes / Outlook, will I be prompted with the option to sync FROM the iPhone? As this guide partially claims?

thanks guys.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I've search and practically read all posts in the Windows PC and iPhone section, but haven't found exactly what I want to ask, so here it goes:

- Messed up my PC, need to format.
Once I do, and when I connect the iPhone to a clean iTunes / Outlook, will I be prompted with the option to sync FROM the iPhone? As this guide partially claims?

thanks guys.
I could not find anything on this anywhere either, but I normally sync with my work computer so I connected my iPhone to my home computer, deleted all previously stored contacts in outlook and went ahead and checked to sync contacts.

NOTE: I made sure that the option on the bottom of the info tab in iTunes did not have check marks to "replace information on phone.."

The empty contacts in my Outlook were populated with the data off my iPhone and they remained on the iPhone as well.

I do not know if this will work with music, videos, etc.. but at least with the outlook components it will populate your home computer with the data on the phone.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i sync my phone with my outlook all the time... the new contacts i make on my iPhone go into outlook and the new contacts i make in outlook go on the iPhone... but just make a backup of the outlook contacts first just in case...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
With the phone connected, go to Info and check "Sync contacts from", then select outlook (or whatever has your address book) from the dropdown. Hit apply. It shouldn't erase any existing contacts.

msi1000

Mar 17, 2008
With the phone connected, go to Info and check "Sync contacts from", then select outlook (or whatever has your address book) from the dropdown. Hit apply. It shouldn't erase any existing contacts.
:(
Hi there... thats exactely where I have a little trouble: My iTunes do not give me selections when I check "Sync contacts from". Field remains deseparately blank. iTunes version 7.6.1.9, iPhone is 1.1.2. Music and Pictures are working fine. Nothing works for contacts and mails.
Thanks for any hint that could help!