"iPhone Tone Ringmaker" and 1.1.3 not compatable...

METTTAL

Jul 5, 2007
Same thing happened to me... there's a note on the page stating that it's incompatable. Hopefully a fix soon.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
cool.. u guys got any ideas what to use until then?

Last edited by a moderator:

METTTAL

Jul 5, 2007
I was able to get 1 ringtone on there... actually I added about 10, and they all added, but when I went to Settings to see the Ringtones, it was 10 of the same ringtone. So basically I have 1 on there now to use (after removing them all and putting on one I wanted).

I converted the files to m4a using iTunes and then renamed the extension m4r (as suggested on a different message board), and those added, but I had to problem mentioned above.

Anyone else try this?

Xardis

Jul 10, 2007
This process worked for me in 1.1.2 with iTunes 7.5

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=439

After upgraded yesterday, I still have the Ringtones I created and after several syncs, still have them on my phone. I haven't tried creating any new ones yet, but previously when I updated (from 7.3 to 7.4 I think) I had lost my custom ringtones but this time I didn't so I am going to assume this process will still work.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
This has happened with each and every update that the iPhone got from day one. The ringtonemaker stops working.

Look people, you do not need ringtonemaker to put ringtones on the phone, as of 1.1.2 they are free free free. Here is the tut how to:

1. Find a song you want to use as a ringtone.
2. Use whatever program you use to "clip" a section under 30 seconds long.(Audacity is a Freeware Program)
3. Double click the shortened file and it will go into the "Music" section of iTunes and it will start to play.
4. Right click on the file and choose the "Convert to AAC" from the drop down menu.
5. You will now have two of the same files in the iTunes Music Playlist.
6. Right click on one of the two and choose "show in (to locate the file) explorer."
7. Right click on the song with the m4a to m4r extension. You can delete the other one from that folder. If you don't see the file extension then you need to open your Explorer (myComputer) go to tools/folder options/view then go and make sure you have un-checked next to "Hide extensions for known file types".
8. Change the extension from m4a to m4r.
9 Go to iTunes and delete BOTH of the files from the playlist. Just make sure you click on "keep files."
10. Now go back to the folder you have the m4r file and double click it. It should go into the "ringtone folder" of iTunes.
11. Connect your iPhone, click on the "ringtone" tab and the song you need will be on the list. Check the check box and press the apply button lower right

Itrekman

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
iPhoneRINGTONEMAKER suck! it always don't work when there is an update... I have been using the work around and still have my ringtones before the 1.1.3

don't let OJisakilla read it or he will pop a nerve! he hate iPhoneringtonemaker

This has happened with each and every update that the iPhone got from day one. The ringtonemaker stops working.

Look people, you do not need ringtonemaker to put ringtones on the phone, as of 1.1.2 they are free free free. Here is the tut how to:

2. Use whatever program you use to "clip" a section under 30 seconds long.(Audacity is a Freeware Program)
3. Double click the shortened file and it will go into the "Music" section of iTunes and it will start to play.
4. Right click on the file and choose the "Convert to AAC" from the drop down menu.
6. Right click on one of the two and choose "show in (to locate the file) explorer."
7. Right click on the song with the m4a to m4r extension. You can delete the other one from that folder. If you don't see the file extension then you need to open your Explorer (myComputer) go to tools/folder options/view then go and make sure you have un-checked next to "Hide extensions for known file types".
9 Go to iTunes and delete BOTH of the files from the playlist. Just make sure you click on "keep files."
10. Now go back to the folder you have the m4r file and double click it. It should go into the "ringtone folder" of iTunes.
11. Connect your iPhone, click on the "ringtone" tab and the song you need will be on the list. Check the check box and press the apply button lower right

This is definitely the best FREE way to do it. I was using iToner and it was crap at best. Use this method above for accurate and free ringtones every single time!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am so tired of waiting 4-6 weeks after every update to be able to use ringtone maker. I call it stupid tax for having bought this ripoff of a program and am going to use the workaround posted numerous places in these forums.

iFerd

Jul 17, 2007
And if you're using a Mac, you can use the latest version of Garage Band to edit and send ringtones to iTunes:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=465
Garage Band works great to make iPhone ringtones, slicker than snot.

But I bought iPhoneRingtoneMaker for a PC before I knew I was going to have a Mac. And if I didn't have one now (I'm very happy I do after a couple of decades of prior PC use), I would find this advice unhelpful. The generic work-around seems more useful for the Windows-bound.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
MAC users still use garageband to make their ring tones? i haven't made on in a while but thats also a free way to make ring tones.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA

Hey... I just wanted to thank you personally for that amazing tip u gave us on how to make our ringtones by changing mp4a to mp4r, its so easy and now I can make unlimited ringtones free thanks to you. Do think Apple will come up with something to prevent this in future software updates? Thanks again bro... I owe u one!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

j3yq

Oct 8, 2007
I can't seem to get this to work. I make a clip the export to iTunes using audacity next I convert that clip to acc. Now with the copy I change it from an m4a to a m4 r file. Then delete both files out of my music library making sir to save the files then I got back to the folder with the clip and double click it. Now it just goes back in my music folder. What am I doin wrong

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
I can't seem to get this to work. I make a clip the export to iTunes using audacity next I convert that clip to acc. Now with the copy I change it from an m4a to a m4 r file. Then delete both files out of my music library making sir to save the files then I got back to the folder with the clip and double click it. Now it just goes back in my music folder. What am I doin wrong
just drag the clip from that windows into your "ringtone" folder... thats what I did....