iPhone Tony's Top Web App Pick of Week 2-26-08

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Well everyone figured I would start a weekly thread on new webapps that can be useful for our iPhone.

We all have come across many so why not post about it and give our reviews on them...

Each week I will post 1 or 2 depending on what is out there.

To start it off today I am going to post two.. The first one will be a cool find and the second is just a funny one...

Hope you all enjoy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The First top pick is one of my favorites this past week its called pktpix www.pktpix.com this webapp allows iPhone users to email one of their photos to another users cell phone... What makes this good is most people don't have an iPhone or smart phone just yet, so this site will convert the email you send to another users cell phone as a text message. The draw back is that whoever your sending it to they have to use their web browser to few the picture. Hopefully their service is for unlimited web browsing. Still its a cool find. I suggest you try it out. They have a nice webclip to add to your homescreen

The Second app is funny is called ipregnant... http://zinnig.nl/ipregnant/

Okay this is what I don't understand... Is the iPhone now a doctor? Is there going to be a need for women to go visit the special girl doctor anymore? Well with this webapp you will be able to get some news that a doctor will tell you..

Ipregnant will give you the dates of your first and second trimester along with the due date based on your last menstral period and your average cycle.

So for example if any of you ladies out there have started their period today and you have an average of 1 cycle every 25 days you can conceive on March 8 and will have an expected delivery date of Dec 2 08...

So I guess this can come in handy for those ladies trying to have a baby and use an iPhone..

Yes I know silly webapp but found it funny at least there is a nice web clip to add to your homescreen. lol

Well hope this was helpful I will post some more once and find them and use them...

Post #1
2-26-08

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Guess I should of waited 5 mins could of added news of 1.1.4 enjoy again

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i love this thread. Thanks iPhonetony!
i have actually sat down and sorted through the entire list at appsafari.com just to see what was out there and i have atleast fifteen or so on my phone! one of my persoanly favorits is the magic calculator. it gives you the number of months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds that you have lived, just bye typing in your birthday.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
yep that's it girl doctor. Thanks ok since work at hospital what do you think of the web app iprengnant

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yep that's it girl doctor. Thanks ok since work at hospital what do you think of the web app iprengnant
well, since there is no physically possible way that i could get pregnant, and i hope to god i wont have any use for this anytime soon... idk :p

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hate to be a stickler, but is pktpix technically a webapp? Really it's an email service...

But who gives a crap, right? It's a great service regardless. They really should find a way to format it into a real MMS message though... kinda defeats the purpose otherwise. If people have full mobile internet, they usually have mobile email anyway.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I hate to be a stickler, but is pktpix technically a webapp? Really it's an email service...

But who gives a crap, right? It's a great service regardless. They really should find a way to format it into a real MMS message though... kinda defeats the purpose otherwise. If people have full mobile internet, they usually have mobile email anyway.
I thought about that but its on Apples web app list so figured if Apple considers it. Then it can be :)

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
i love this thread. Thanks iPhonetony!
i have actually sat down and sorted through the entire list at appsafari.com just to see what was out there and i have atleast fifteen or so on my phone! one of my persoanly favorits is the magic calculator. it gives you the number of months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds that you have lived, just bye typing in your birthday.
This post is worthless without a link... :) thanks.

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
Ipregnant will give you the dates of your first and second trimester along with the due date based on your last menstral period and your average cycle.
I've had an app like that on my phone since day one. it's call enatal. Basically the same thing. Before anyone asks... my wife is pregnant and I was curious if what our doctor estimated the due date to be was accurate... It was spot on.

A more interesting app I found is called sexcal. It generates a range of dates when you should pregnant to obtain a desired gender for your baby based on the birth dates of the mother and father... totally didn't work for my wife and I for either my daughter or son to be. But still interesting and something to gross out your unmarried friends with. I know this from experience... :)