iPhone touch screen issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
i locked my screen for while it was in my jacket pocket then went to unlock it to make a call and i could not slid the bar to unlock it nor could i slide the bar to turn it off basically the screen dosen't recognize my finger i tried plugging it into the comp cleaned the screen and nothing

wut do i do and has anyone had this problem before
thanks in advance

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
To shut it off without the slider, hold in both the home button and lock button. Shortly after the power off slider appears, the device should shut off. Let go of both buttons.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Either make the appointment to take it in, or call Apple and ship it. Sounds like you need the touch screen replaced.

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
that is the worst news ever
have u heard of peoples screens becoming faulty like that before and if i call Apple will they most likely fix my iPhone or will there politics behind the issuse like ( did u drop it , did water get on it yadi yadi) cause i sware this phone dosen't leave my hands it's never been dropped never even had the slightest trace of moisture on the phone and it's exactly one week old.
so wut would be the best way to approach Apple about my problem

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
i locked my screen for while it was in my jacket pocket then went to unlock it to make a call and i could not slid the bar to unlock it nor could i slide the bar to turn it off basically the screen dosen't recognize my finger i tried plugging it into the comp cleaned the screen and nothing

wut do i do and has anyone had this problem before
thanks in advance
Did you try the hard reset?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
that is the worst news ever
have u heard of peoples screens becoming faulty like that before and if i call Apple will they most likely fix my iPhone or will there politics behind the issuse like ( did u drop it , did water get on it yadi yadi) cause i sware this phone dosen't leave my hands it's never been dropped never even had the slightest trace of moisture on the phone and it's exactly one week old.
so wut would be the best way to approach Apple about my problem
One week old- without question I would have been in my car/bike/bus - anything and back to the Apple store. Chances are great that they'd replace it right there for you. Unless you have it unlocked.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Since it's been restored, you're safe as far as taking it to an Apple store and getting it looked at/replaced. Nothing to lose except the gas to drive there. Just make sure to set up an appointment online. And be there like half an hour early for it

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
okay i unlocked the phone to use a mobile service provider here in toronto (ROGERS) but i restored the phone to version 1.1.1. so now it's on the activate iPhone screen and i cant do anything cause the screen is messed up.
i need to know how do i go make an appointment with Apple at the walden galleria in buffalo do i just call and say i'm having issues with my iPhone can i come by on this day at this time so u can take a look at it
thanks again for all the help it's really been appreciated u cant imagine how i felt once i realized the my new state of the art iPhone was broken after one freekin week and then the whole issue with me unlocking it to use in canada i thaught i'd be out of luck when it came to using my one year warranty but u guys have given me some hope
thanks again

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Another thing that just occurred to me is that Apple may not service it unless you have a contract with AT&T. I heard something about that. Not sure where though.