iPhone touchscreen response problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
has anyone else had problems where during the slide to unlock screen, the response time for the slide is late. like once you slide the lock switch, it takes a few seconds to actually slide? I had that today and it got frustrating cause I sleep my iPhone when I choose the album I want to listen to and when I want to change it, its annoying. but a restart fixed the problem. I had put a anime movie on there earlier in the morning, maybe that was the problem?

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yup, had mine do that just the other day. When a call came in I was unable to answer it. So if your slider is slow to respond, I suggest power cycling the unit, pronto.

-Jeff

gdestiny

Jul 17, 2007
has anyone else had problems where during the slide to unlock screen, the response time for the slide is late. like once you slide the lock switch, it takes a few seconds to actually slide? I had that today and it got frustrating cause I sleep my iPhone when I choose the album I want to listen to and when I want to change it, its annoying. but a restart fixed the problem. I had put a anime movie on there earlier in the morning, maybe that was the problem?
you need to power cycle it once in a while. if you leave it on for too long, it gets sluggish. maybe there's a memory leak or something.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You hold the top button and the Home button together for about 10 seconds. Another slider will appear to turn off the iPhone. Do it. Then turn back on the iPhone using the top button, hodling for a few seconds. A MAC icon will appear and then your iPhone will boot for some time. Now you should be back to normal slider operation. You will NOT loose anything you have placed on your iPhone. I had the same problem and did the power cycle sequence, and my iPhone now has fast slider and all its contents intact.