iPhone toughness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 24, 2007
How tough is the iPhone? durability wise? if you drop it in water is your phone investment tarnished? if you drop it from waste high will the screen bleed? if you throw it at your boss when he yells at you will it be effective enough to give me 5 minutes to get out of the building? ok well that's not that important but is there any tolerance to harsh weathers, extreme temps or anything like that or is this a fragile item? it just looks fragile but i'm thinking it's pretty strong?.:cool:

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
How tough is the iPhone? durability wise? if you drop it in water is your phone investment tarnished? if you drop it from waste high will the screen bleed? if you throw it at your boss when he yells at you will it be effective enough to give me 5 minutes to get out of the building? ok well that's not that important but is there any tolerance to harsh weathers, extreme temps or anything like that or is this a fragile item? it just looks fragile but i'm thinking it's pretty strong?.:cool:
Well its been tested very heavily. MacRumors has an article about it here.

Approximately 200 field technicians have been secretly testing the iPhone for 10 weeks, logging over 10,000 hours on the phone, including over 5,000 hours of voice calls and 5 gigabytes of data usage. This is reportedly twice as much testing as other phones.

Users worried about durability can rest easier that testing included dousing the iPhone in water, dropping it onto concrete and bouncing it off sidewalks.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im sure it will survive rain and falls. I mean not leaving it out in the rain all night but im sure you will be able to make a call in the rain. Maybe the water will roll right off.