iPhone turns on only when connected to Charger or USB

krsh77

Feb 16, 2009
Hi All,

While taking photogaph, my iPhone fell down on a hard surface and it turned off by itself. I tried switching it on, and it will power up only when connected to the usb or wall charger, it tries to boot itself on and stops after 3 seconds and it goes on and on in a loop.
I tried to make it go to recovery mode and also to deep recovery mode and then tried to restore it using iTunes, iTunes will stop after throwing an unknown error with code 1611 or 1602.
It was a jail broken, unlocked 1.1.4 iPhone.
I tired restring it to 2.1 and also the latest upgrade downloaded from iTunes. Nothing helps and im struck with it.
Its a heavily modded iPhone with lots of custom applications installed. Its running in debug mode, so while it tries to power on, i can see the unix like messages for 2 secs and then it switched off. I cant read the messages as it switches of pretty fase.

Please advice on how to go forward.

krsh77

Feb 16, 2009
Also when connected to iTunes in recovery mode, the phone is not recognized properly.

Name : iPhone
Capacity: N/A

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
certainly sounds like you have some kind of hardware failure.

krsh77

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, thats what i think about it too. But the only positive thing i see is the iPhone responding to DFU and Recovery mode from iLiberty+.