iPhone unlock and activation today

rgadhoke

Oct 1, 2007
I just bought a new iPhone over the weekend 09/28/07. Can I still unlock my phone or if I try and activate my phone using iTunes I will automatically be updated to v1.1.1? please help...new user!

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
I just bought a new iPhone over the weekend 09/28/07. Can I still unlock my phone or if I try and activate my phone using iTunes I will automatically be updated to v1.1.1? please help...new user!
iTunes wont update the phone without asking you ... so u wont have any problem activating it with iTunes ... but if your planning on using it with some other carrier other then AT&T u wont be able to activate with iTunes you have to us ethe alternate methods read the guides.

but if the phone came with 1.1.1 firmware the newest one u wont be able to jailbreak or unlock it . soloution to that is to downgrade to firmware 1.0.2 an dthen jail break it and unlock it.

rgadhoke

Oct 1, 2007
iTunes wont update the phone without asking you ... so u wont have any problem activating it with iTunes ... but if your planning on using it with some other carrier other then AT&T u wont be able to activate with iTunes you have to us ethe alternate methods read the guides.

but if the phone came with 1.1.1 firmware the newest one u wont be able to jailbreak or unlock it . soloution to that is to downgrade to firmware 1.0.2 an dthen jail break it and unlock it.
Thx. I will check and see what firmware I have. Appreciate it!