iPhone unlock in Philippines

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 30, 2007
hi! i have a 1.0.2 8gig unlocked iPhone here in the philippines using a local network here (globe network) and i just wanna ask how to change the ringtone, sms, mail alerts and other sound stuffs? i have already downloaded sound clips. could sumbody please help me. i don't wanna brick my iPhone or sumtin.:laugh2: Thanks a lot!

gpmrn

Oct 25, 2007
Eto na!

tol, punta ka sa tuaw.com. They have video tutorials and links on how to download 3rd party apps like BSD, community sources, and the installer itself.You have to download them in order, though, or you'll screw up your iPhone.
On your iPhone, go to settings/sounds or wallpaper to change your ringtones & background. I recommend summerboard once you get installer. It's a pretty cool app.
Don't hurry in upgrading to FW 1.1.1. I did that a couple of times and it almost bricked my phone. I spent 2 days trying to downgrade back to 1.0.2. It finally got unlocked yesterday with independence. And it's true- Apple is making the firmare harder and harder to hack.
As long as you can make calls, take photos, listen to music, watch movies and text message, you'll be fine. Hope this helps.
Mabuhay!

Oct 30, 2007
tol, punta ka sa tuaw.com. They have video tutorials and links on how to download 3rd party apps like BSD, community sources, and the installer itself.You have to download them in order, though, or you'll screw up your iPhone.
On your iPhone, go to settings/sounds or wallpaper to change your ringtones & background. I recommend summerboard once you get installer. It's a pretty cool app.
Don't hurry in upgrading to FW 1.1.1. I did that a couple of times and it almost bricked my phone. I spent 2 days trying to downgrade back to 1.0.2. It finally got unlocked yesterday with independence. And it's true- Apple is making the firmare harder and harder to hack.
As long as you can make calls, take photos, listen to music, watch movies and text message, you'll be fine. Hope this helps.
Mabuhay!
salamat ng marami! got it!

m.o.r.

Oct 25, 2007
musta pre! in addition to what was mentioned above to using iBrickr to changing your tones, you can also use it to manually install apps (pxl format) if you choose to do so since not everybody has wifi at home. just download the pxl file of the app to your pc and use iBrickr to install. you can also use it to upload NES Roms.

another solution to changing tones or UI images manually would be to use iPhonebrowser 1.4 (download from modmyifone.com forums) which works like a windows file exporer. what's great about this is what it automatically creates a backup copy of the file you are replacing onto your pc. summerboard is an uber cool app but it still has bugs so i prefer changing images manually using this app (check out the dialer and calculator images made by jonas in this forum).
:)
mabuhay pre!