iPhone unlock not unlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by coolie, Oct 9, 2007.

1. coolie

coolie New Member
    Bronze

i unlocked my iPhone and tested and it was working. i did a restore and activated with iTunes now i put in the t mobile sim card it doesn't work. do i have to jailbreak it for it to work?

2. blurm

blurm Member
    Bronze

It was working with your T-mobile SIM? Make sure you didn't upgrade to the 1.1 firmware or you might have bricked the phone part of it, however I have read that you can go back to the 1.02 firmware but am not sure if you can still use the phone, 1st check your firmware

3. coolie

coolie New Member
    Bronze

i just did a restore. not update. it is at 1.0.2 right now. i just did a restore cause it was crashing on me. i just want to know how come after i did the system restore the t mobile sim card don't work on my iPhone?

4. vtec236

vtec236 New Member

Unless you use shift + restore iTunes automatically will download the latest Firmware or whatever Apples calls it. Does the phone work with an AT&T card?

5. blurm

blurm Member
    Bronze

Yes i had to do a restore to use anySim, wouldn't restore unless i allowed iTunes to download and install the latest firmware. If you were asked that and went ahead unknowingly there is a safe bet that it loaded that firmware on the phone. The method being reffered to above gives you the option to choose what firmware you want from a destination on your computer containing firmware 1.0.2. Did you check your firmware?

The only other thing I could think is that the phone was restored to in box condition meaning only AT&T would work. Check to see if AT&T Sim get an error message and then at least youll know if its all sims or just foreign.