iPhone unlock to go on sale this monday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Will you unlock your iPhone?

• Yah Man, I will unlock my iPhone right away and go right back to T-Mobile (or whatever provider)

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No way Jose I am too scared of what Apple or AT&T could do to me

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
After saying numerous times that they were gonna sell the iPhone unlock software, iPhoneSimFree.com is FINALLY giving positive signs. Engagdget.com reports that iPhoneSimFree showed them the backend of their unlocking solution. It is reported to go on sale this monday (2 days before I go to Europe for a month... how convenient!).

So, who's gonna unlock his iPhone?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If you can still add an option like "It doesn't effect me since I already signed up for 2 years" That would include the majority of us haha.:laugh2:

I think this is great though, especially when the law SPECIFICALLY states that this should not be a crime and is lawful. Just like people trying to sue over anything, this is the same case ATT is trying to do, but they'll have a much harder time since it IS legal.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I would not unlock and go back to T-Mobile because for the most part tmo service stinks around here.

And No, I ain't skeer'd.

:cool:

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
If you can still add an option like "It doesn't effect me since I already signed up for 2 years" That would include the majority of us haha.:laugh2:

I think this is great though, especially when the law SPECIFICALLY states that this should not be a crime and is lawful. Just like people trying to sue over anything, this is the same case ATT is trying to do, but they'll have a much harder time since it IS legal.
You know you can cancel your contract with ATT, right? I asked them and it would cost $75 to cancel. Why would I do this? Just to go back to T Mobile which is cheaper and much more reliable of a network

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
TMobile is garbage.....the only reason I will buy the lock is to use local sim cards when traveling.
That will be my main reason for unlocking my iPhone. I'm a big traveler and i think it's really convenient to go to another country, buy a sim card with a few minutes on it vs. roaming

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I just bit the bullet and paid TMO the $200 cancellation fee when I had my Dash. Thank God I got rid of it for $200 so it kinda canceled itself out. I plan on sticking with AT&T although I do support the unlocking of it.
Did TMo buy your dash from you for $200?!

Hmmm, wonder what they'd gimmee for my sidekick 3, in near mint condition...hmmmm

May 3, 2007
will the unlock really work? I haven't bought an iPhone yet because I work overseas, there for any phone that is locked is pretty much useless to me. Just waiting for a reliable unlock before I buy I guess.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There needs to be an option such as "I'm happy with AT&T service" Or something like that.

Note: I'm not happy with AT&T service.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
There needs to be an option such as "I'm happy with AT&T service" Or something like that.

Note: I'm not happy with AT&T service.
I was much happier with tmobile and it was significantly cheaper. However, ATT was kind enough to give me $150 credit to make up for the price drop. I think that was really nice from them.

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Sim Unlock Should Be Freeeeeee!

The sim unlock should and will be free. The hackintosh community is working very dilegently on this.

Alot of us cannot wait to free this phone from At&t's clutches. Not only for international travel but also to be able to pick your carrier and the plan that suits you and yours best!

Remember people In the USA we have Freedom of CHOICE!

Do not let Corporations tell you have to live and think....refer to the above