iPhone unlock with no service

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
it wouldn't work. first off you gotta activate the phone
but then after you activate the phone, you are stuck with a 2 years contracts
and if you pay off your penalty fees, you cant use wifi without a server. so basically you spend a lot of money on an iPhone, and the only thing you can use it for now is ipod video function.
not worth it, don't do it man, either bring it back if your not satisfied, or keep it because its worth it :cool:

Jul 23, 2007
what about the dvd jon theory?
it wouldn't work. first off you gotta activate the phone
but then after you activate the phone, you are stuck with a 2 years contracts
and if you pay off your penalty fees, you cant use wifi without a server. so basically you spend a lot of money on an iPhone, and the only thing you can use it for now is ipod video function.
not worth it, don't do it man, either bring it back if your not satisfied, or keep it because its worth it :cool:

Jul 23, 2007
have no idea what that is :p
ok. Can you sign me up and cancel the account so I can use the other features? Log in as me i will give you my iTunes log in and password. You sign up and pay with credit card to activate my account then cancel the account so my iPhone is unlocked.? This wont cost you any money. im a teenager without a credit card.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yes it would. activation the phone. it will bill me home in the next 2 weeks
lol. you cant just activate it and cancel it man. because when you activate it, it will ask for my personal information, then my credit/debit cards, then after its successfuly charged me it will give me the number/activate the phone.
and i need your iPhone to be plugged into my itune to activate it. its not simple man;
if you don't have the money for it, i suggest you ask for parents for permission to activate it under their names.
sorry cant help you out here man. its impossible to activate it without the iPhone and wihtout a cc.
if you have second thought about the iPhone, bring it back to the store and buy the ipod video. if thats what your looking for

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
ok. Can you sign me up and cancel the account so I can use the other features? Log in as me i will give you my iTunes log in and password. You sign up and pay with credit card to activate my account then cancel the account so my iPhone is unlocked.? This wont cost you any money. im a teenager without a credit card.
If some adult did that for one of my teenagers without going through me I'd be totally P****OFF! You need to go through your parents, there's a reason minors can't sign contracts etc. without them!

Jul 23, 2007
If some adult did that for one of my teenagers without going through me I'd be totally P****OFF! You need to go through your parents, there's a reason minors can't sign contracts etc. without them!
If you cancel an iPhone account in 3 days they will give you your activation fee money back and wont charge you for cancellation.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yes. but hes talking about using the wifi and other fucntion that required services from AT&T such as internet, youtube and other online applications.
i don't think you can do that without a service, and of course you can use iPhone for ipod and videos, but that would require you to active the iPhone first to get to the menu screen

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Yep, it sure it would. I did exactly that when I was evaluating my iphone--and didn't want AT&T in the picture. I later signed up with AT&T, and having unlocked my iPhone prior had no ill effect.

I used DVD Jon's method, but now there are even easier solutions:
http://www.dvdtoiPhone.org/

(It's the freeware up down the page a bit.)

--
Mike
No clue how good this is, but you can go here as well:

http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-movie-video-converter.html

Scroll down a little and you will see the windows freeware thing to unlock it.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
holy crap, now i know what your talkin about "unlocking iPhone"
but how can you use wifi internet browser and other app. without an internet service.. from AT&T such as Edge :eek:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes. but hes talking about using the wifi and other fucntion that required services from AT&T such as internet, youtube and other online applications.
i don't think you can do that without a service, and of course you can use iPhone for ipod and videos, but that would require you to active the iPhone first to get to the menu screen
I did it and saw it with my own eyes. And of course I got to the Main Menu. Lots of people have done this BTW. (What do you think the point of this is?)

Finally, you don't need AT&T for Wi-Fi, iTunes, Google Maps, Weather, email, Safari, etc. The only thing that doesn't work properly are YouTube videos and of course EDGE and telephone functions.

--
Mike

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I did it and saw it with my own eyes. And of course I got to the Main Menu. Lots of people have done this BTW. (What do you think the point of this is?)

Finally, you don't need AT&T for Wi-Fi, iTunes, Google Maps, Weather, email, Safari, etc. The only thing that doesn't work properly are YouTube videos and of course EDGE and telephone functions.

--
Mike

theres your answer eclipse ;)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Lol nice. I want to know how to do this too, when I press unlock iPhone it says something like, "check iTunes version 3.7.0.54 failed.."
There are probably easier ways to do it now, but if you are getting that message with the latest version of iTunes you might need to uninstall it and find 3.7.0.54 (7.13.13 should work too).

--
Mike

Aug 1, 2007
There are probably easier ways to do it now, but if you are getting that message with the latest version of iTunes you might need to uninstall it and find 3.7.0.54 (7.13.13 should work too).

--
Mike
well im getting my iPhone today, and i didn't open iTunes, so do I need to have the phone plugged in and iTunes open to do it?

P.S. if there are easier ways, i've googled everything and couldnt find much besides this one that works for windows. all the rest are for Mac.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
well im getting my iPhone today, and i didn't open iTunes, so do I need to have the phone plugged in and iTunes open to do it?
I didn't use that app, so I don't know. Regardless, if you aren't running the version of iTunes that it wants it won't work.

P.S. if there are easier ways, i've googled everything and couldnt find much besides this one that works for windows. all the rest are for Mac.
Nevermind, I thought you were trying to use DVD Jon's method--I forgot I linked to iPhone Unlock Toolkit. Yep, that app should be easy.

I think you just need iTunes 3.7.0.54 and you should be fine. Get it here:
http://www.regnow.com/softsell/visi...//www.pqdvd.com/download/iTunesSetup3.0.5.exe

Once your iPhone is unlocked you can install the lastest iTunes and all will be fine.

--
Mike