iPhone unlocked question

Mar 28, 2008
Hi,

I was just curious about the iPhone when its unlocked, does everything work fine? and does using the browser eat credit or is it free?

I'm mainly looking into a unlocked one because uk bound, you can only get an iPhone on contract and I hate contract phones.

Any help given is appreciated.

Cheers

EDIT-- OOPS seems this is the wrong forum . . .sorry. Can someone move it for me?

donjay

May 3, 2008
Unlocked iPhone

I unlocked my iPhone using ziPhone and all apps work great. i'm using it now for two months and is now firmware 1.1.4. Added other third party apps including Snapture, a camera enhancing software as well as Simport, which transfers my contacts from previous phone to the iPhone. No problems. Browser is free using Wi-Fi, but browsing with EDGE has to be paid for through cell provider network.

donjay

Hi,

I was just curious about the iPhone when its unlocked, does everything work fine? and does using the browser eat credit or is it free?

I'm mainly looking into a unlocked one because uk bound, you can only get an iPhone on contract and I hate contract phones.

Any help given is appreciated.

Cheers

EDIT-- OOPS seems this is the wrong forum . . .sorry. Can someone move it for me?

Phelps81

May 5, 2008
ok so im wondering if when i get an unlocked iPhone, iwll hte internet work regularly just like as if i had the iPhone plan, as long as i have wi fi service? and if my plan now has unlimited texting, will that also work iwth the iPhone? i have AT&T.

donjay

May 3, 2008
iPhone Unlock

Two questions: 1) Unlocked phone will browse internet regularly using Wi-Fi, no additional cost to your phone service. If you want to browse in a non-Wi-Fi area then you need to have your network provider adjust the settings to browse, or if you know the settings, then you do them yourself. This will cost you.
2) Unlimited texting can be done using Wi-Fi freely. If your plan incorporates free unlimited texting, even in non wi-fi areas, then AT&T is eating that cost to allow you to text through them, possibly through edge. (Not sure what protocol they use to facilitate this.)
If you are with AT&T though why would you need to unlock the phone?

ok so im wondering if when i get an unlocked iPhone, iwll hte internet work regularly just like as if i had the iPhone plan, as long as i have wi fi service? and if my plan now has unlimited texting, will that also work iwth the iPhone? i have AT&T.