iPhone unresponsive when charging, types gibberish

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
That is what my phone allows me to do while it's charging.. Not sure why it becomes so unresponsive, but it does.. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
It just allows me to type gibberish.. In fact, much of that was "ghost typed" in the sense that I didn't even have my thumbs on the keypad.. I am not sure why, but that's what it does.. It's veeeery touch, or no touch, sensitive..

Sent using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
That's what my iPhone 5 translated to text.. Trying to show my problem.. Sorry, wasn't meant to offend.. I realize it makes it difficult to understand, but someone else our there will know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's what my iPhone 5 translated to text.. Trying to show my problem.. Sorry, wasn't meant to offend.. I realize it makes it difficult to understand, but someone else our there will know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Sent using iCafe app
No worries. A descriptive title in this situation works best.

Have you a reset? Is it only happening in a specific app?

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Wow, that's a much better title than what my iPhone allowed me to type..
No, this charging issue is not selective to any particular app, but it does this even when trying to unlock the phone.. I've tried turning off my alarm around 4:45 am and it'll make a phone call.. That makes for some explaining in the early morning..

Sent using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I have restored to factory settings and there is no damage whatsoever to the phone..

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
iOS 7 has perpetuated the problem more-so than I can remember with iOS 6.. I know I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4 when it went to the new ios.. So maybe this is an issue with the iOS.. Dunno..

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
iOS 7 has perpetuated the problem more-so than I can remember with iOS 6.. I know I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4 when it went to the new ios.. So maybe this is an issue with the iOS.. Dunno..
Sent using iCafe app
Is it doing that with all apps or only a certain one?
I can type in any app I've got, when it's plugged in, with no problems or lag.