iPhone UPDATE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
quick question...i'm planning on getting the iPhone next month...will it have the update 1.0.1 on it already...or will it prompt to install the update at time of activation? thanks

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
lol...yeah man just wanted to know...just curious as to whether they are including the update on the phones as they continue production of the phones...
If it isn't there then when you first connect it to activate it, there will probably be a dialog box to update the iPhone software. Can anyone confirm this who recently purchased one?

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
quick question...i'm planning on getting the iPhone next month...will it have the update 1.0.1 on it already...or will it prompt to install the update at time of activation? thanks
guess wen u have activated the fone it shud prompt u to update.

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
In the summary page it will say an update is available and you have to click it. It doesn't do it automatically and a prompt window doesn't pop up. I know this because I just had to exchange mine and came with version 1.0.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
In the summary page it will say an update is available and you have to click it. It doesn't do it automatically and a prompt window doesn't pop up. I know this because I just had to exchange mine and came with version 1.0.
gook lk-...thanks...i guess i'll ask the reps at the time of purchase whether or not they have the latest update....

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
once again, may i ask that we all try to NOT make misleading thread titles? iPhone UPDATE is not specific enough for what exactly you were asking if i may say so.

a lot of people coming through here are very interested in solid iPhone updates, but it does get quite annoying when we see this topic come up nearly every day and are totally let down, even if it was just for a split second.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
once again, may i ask that we all try to NOT make misleading thread titles? iPhone UPDATE is not specific enough for what exactly you were asking if i may say so.

a lot of people coming through here are very interested in solid iPhone updates, but it does get quite annoying when we see this topic come up nearly every day and are totally let down, even if it was just for a split second.
come on man...please...all you have to do is click on the topic and see if it applies to you...if it doesn't apply to you then move on...it was just a simple question...besides the title is just that, a title...the specifics always follow within the thread itself...and why you the only one on this particular thread that had somethn goofed up to say about it...man chill dude...if it doesn't apply to you then move on...you aint gettn paid so what's the hoorah...pay attention to the question, its valid...i'm sure somone wants to know if the...man you know what i aint even gonna waste my time with you...

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
If it doesn't have that update already, it didn't take long to download. the 1.01 update was just to fix a few things with the web browser.