iPhone updated w/o losing mods

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Like many others who have modded their iPhones probably did, I chose not to upgrade my firmware. I figured there just wasn't enough reason to do so, to justify going through the whole procedure of syncing, restoring, upgrading, syncing, and then jailbreaking and modding again. So, I passed. Since the update, I've synced several times, and even started up and shut down iTunes a couple times.

Today, for the first time since the upgrade, I re-booted my PC. When Windows started up, and iTunes started up along with it, it appears that iTunes automatically upgraded my firmware to 1.0.2, without my permission. It never even asked me. I didn't know it would do this.

However, on the bright side, even though it did this without me first doing the restore, etc., it also appears that both my iPhone and all my mods (AppTap, iBrickr, installed programs, ringtones) are all still in place and functioning properly. I didn't even realize it had updated my firmware to 1.0.2, until I looked on my iTunes and it showed v. 1.0.2. I even checked for updates just to be sure, but it said I have the most current version.

Can this be possible, or have I overlooked something? :eek:

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
agreed. iTunes doesn't like the mods you put on your phone and wont allow you to upgrade unless you restore first.
Okay..thanks for your responses. I was pretty sure it hadn't really upgraded, but I was thoroughly confused due to the fact my iTunes shows "Software Version: 1.0.2" and when I click that, it then shows "Build Version: 1C28". And when I click the "Check for Update" button, it tells me I have the latest version. Somehow, it changed the settings on my iPhone to make it think it's been upgraded, even though it has not. Just very strange :cool:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
All new iPhones are shipping with 1.0.2 if this helps answer your question, i.e. you were already 1.0.2 :p