iPhone updated!

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Sounds like Apple wasn't thinking... What's the point of a battery that lasts two months if you have to plug in every night for an update?! Software updates should happen by osmosis!

:)

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Yeah my update wants are very small.
Same here.

- Speakerphone/Ear Bud LOUDER
- Copy/Paste Function
- MMS Messages

Thats it. The rest I could do without and I'm sure you'll see them in iPhone 2 when/if they come out with another.

In fact, the only other things I would use would be

- The ability to send multiple text messages
- A 'Keep as New' button on my AOL mailbox on the iPhone

But I'll so rarely use those features, I could go without them.

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Man this thread is like a fishing forum. You guys don't hold back.

WOW:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
God just came down and updated my iPhone

and then the Rapture came

Even in its puberty phase I still love my iPhone (so its got some awkward cracks in its voice and acne, eventually it will grow up and be a beautiful swan....or some silly crapola like that ;) )

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
- A 'Keep as New' button on my AOL mailbox on the iPhone
When viewing a message, tap on Details. Do you see the "Mark as Unread" link? I see it with IMAP messages which should be similar to AOL but I haven't hooked up an AOL account with the iPhone yet.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I wonder if that will make the AOL be marked as unread or just on the iPhone.. Someone try it.. my iPhone is off because I just put skins on it so gotta wait.. let us know if this works?

But you know what actually.. doing that and then deleteing on the phone might still delete off aol or push to different folder you specified..

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You think thats bad remember the time I won a date to mexico with gary coleman?

lol no?

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
With all of the "Update" threads in the forum, I know there were a LOT of disappointed people today after looking at the title of this thread, clicking the link with the thought that "It's Finally Here!", only to find that the update still does not exist! :eek:

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My iPhone has been updated. I talked to "this guy i know from Apple" and i gave him my phone. He took it to "where he works at Apple". He worked his magic, and guess what!?!?

** no more speaker phone problems--you can hear this thing 2 miles away
** no more battery problem--it will last non stop for 2 months w/o charging
** the web is very fast now--you can download any web page in 0.003 sec.
** he also told me there would be daily updates---everyday, until everyone in the world is 105% satisfied with their iPhone.

just to let you all know...i love my iPhone, with, or without an update. if your life sadly rests on the notion of the above, please call 911, and ask for a life.
:p:p:p:p:p
so when will the updates be release to the public.
?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
When viewing a message, tap on Details. Do you see the "Mark as Unread" link? I see it with IMAP messages which should be similar to AOL but I haven't hooked up an AOL account with the iPhone yet.
Thanks. I didn't know about that.

I wonder if that will make the AOL be marked as unread or just on the iPhone.. Someone try it.. my iPhone is off because I just put skins on it so gotta wait.. let us know if this works?

But you know what actually.. doing that and then deleteing on the phone might still delete off aol or push to different folder you specified..
I tried it and it does keep it as a new. It's still in my Mailbox on my iPhone as well as my AOL mailbox on my computer.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
With all of the "Update" threads in the forum, I know there were a LOT of disappointed people today after looking at the title of this thread, clicking the link with the thought that "It's Finally Here!", only to find that the update still does not exist! :eek:
Yes, close this RIDICULOUS thread! It had me fooled for a moment...

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
LOL!
there is little difference between this thread and the many other threads stating that there will be an update in 24hrs.

this thread just took it to the next level!

:cool::cool::cool::laugh2::laugh2:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Talked to an AT&T guy last night in the mall, most full of crap guy I ever talked to. He goes, we AT&T workers get access to a website run by Apple where they list everything they are updating, and he tells me the update is in August. He then tells me to get the curve, (he didn't know I had the iPhone). I pulled it out, (with the verizon carrier symbol on it courtest of wjp). His eyes lit up at the site of the iPhone and even more at the site of the verizon logo lol. I told him I have been keeping up with the phone a lot and everything about it. He then tried to play off his Aug update comment by saying, yeah but you never know, they change things all the time. I wanted to slap the guy in the face haha. I say we just wait and make no more pointless predicitons, because even people who think they know, don't.

And please no more topic lines like "Updates here!" Because this is like the third one, and also the third time I peed my pants. :p