iPhone USB Cord?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 28, 2012
Any ideas on how to keep these iPhone charging cords from breaking. They crack at the base of the cord and then start peeling. I don't pull it by the cord, I always grab the plastic and still they crack. Do people go buy the after market cords and are they better quality?

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I have the same problem, although I have to admit I occasionally catch my kid pulling by the cord. I've been through 3 or 4 between two iPhones an iPad and an iPod touch.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I've heard of people using heat shrink tubing to beef up the area around the connectors. Worth a shot as the stuff if pretty cheap & available at any electronics store.

ErinR76

Apr 10, 2012
I baby my cords and so far so good. I have NOT had luck with aftermarket cords from three different places (target was one, walmart was another, don't remember the brands or the third one, sorry). They don't 'stay seated' and any slightest little bump will disconnect the cord just enough to where it won't charge. its still snapped in, but not truly connected. So that's been frustrating. Any recommendations on that would be great.