iPhone USB Cord?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Michael Bellanca, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Michael Bellanca

Michael Bellanca New Member

Any ideas on how to keep these iPhone charging cords from breaking. They crack at the base of the cord and then start peeling. I don't pull it by the cord, I always grab the plastic and still they crack. Do people go buy the after market cords and are they better quality?

2. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I've never had one do that. It's impossible if you grab it at the connector everytime and never out stress on the cord

3. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

That's always an issue. I've been through at least a dozen of them between using two iPhones and two iPods.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

4. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I have the same problem, although I have to admit I occasionally catch my kid pulling by the cord. I've been through 3 or 4 between two iPhones an iPad and an iPod touch.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I've heard of people using heat shrink tubing to beef up the area around the connectors. Worth a shot as the stuff if pretty cheap & available at any electronics store.

6. ErinR76

ErinR76 New Member

I baby my cords and so far so good. I have NOT had luck with aftermarket cords from three different places (target was one, walmart was another, don't remember the brands or the third one, sorry). They don't 'stay seated' and any slightest little bump will disconnect the cord just enough to where it won't charge. its still snapped in, but not truly connected. So that's been frustrating. Any recommendations on that would be great.