iPhone User Reviews: Rating Criteria Feedback

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
JackBauer sent me a PM and discussed the idea of setting up a section for customer reviews. The site has a review system and my plan is to include the iPhone. We've exchanged PM's and came up with the following rating criteria. In addition to rating, you'll be able to give a full review. This will allow "fence sitters" to get valuable feedback/reviews from other readers.

Here are the recommended rating criteria (all will be based on 1-5 - 5 being highest). The cumulative rating is auto generated.

• Phone
  • iPod
  • Internet (web/email)
  • Software (bundled applications)
  • Design
  • Value
I don't want to add too many criteria, but would love to get feedback on the above. Suggestions?

-Chris

Last edited:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I think you have a good start there...I think what would be interesting is to ask reviewers to explain their expectations of iPhone prior to their actual experience upon arrival. I am sure people have many different expectations and or needs from iPhone that will be available on friday or will be left out altogether.

Another thought, how will you determine phony reviews who either sling mud on the iPhone or are over-zealous?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think you have a good start there...I think what would be interesting is to ask reviewers to explain their expectations of iPhone prior to their actual experience upon arrival. I am sure people have many different expectations and or needs from iPhone that will be available on friday or will be left out altogether.

Another thought, how will you determine phony reviews who either sling mud on the iPhone or are over-zealous?
It'll be tough to pin point the haters. In order to review, you do have to register. Reviews will also be moderated. If I sense BS, then it won't be posted. That doesn't mean I won't allow reviews that aren't "sugar coated", but I won't allow "This phone sucks. It's a piece of crap, etc"

As far as the expectations, that'll be up the individual reviewer to include that in the review portion. Basically, members can select from the pre set criteria, but can write anything.