iPhone (v1.1.1) thinks its an iPod touch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I have an iPhone and just nodded it with version 1.1.1 yesterday and I installed a few apps, not knowing that some could make it VERY buggy. I had customize installed anddidnt read till today that I shouldn't have. So now my iPhone thinks its an iPod touch. I think because the hack I used was originally for the iPod touch or something. Anyways, instead of signal bars an saying ATT it says iPod and in stuff like the settings, it has the settings for the iPod touch, some that the iPhone doesn't even have. So anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this besides restoring. I really don't want to do that unless I have to.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I have an iPhone and just nodded it with version 1.1.1 yesterday and I installed a few apps, not knowing that some could make it VERY buggy. I had customize installed anddidnt read till today that I shouldn't have. So now my iPhone thinks its an iPod touch. I think because the hack I used was originally for the iPod touch or something. Anyways, instead of signal bars an saying ATT it says iPod and in stuff like the settings, it has the settings for the iPod touch, some that the iPhone doesn't even have. So anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this besides restoring. I really don't want to do that unless I have to.
this happened to me yesterday, and i had to restore. i also tried again tonight, and my iPhone froze in the "Apple logo" state. neither iTunes or iFuntastic could break that, i had to restore again as well. i get the installer on 1.1.1 and just can't get to enjoy it. I am done...

Good Luck, IME you'll need a restore.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There was (maybe still is apparently) a bug in Customize that would make your iPhone think it was an iPod touch. The only solution I remember seeing was a restore of the iPhone.