iPhone v1 vs iPhone 3G

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
which is better, if, at school, 3G is non existent, and GPS is not an issue as all my cars have navigation? also, what else can the ipohne 3G do that the v1 cant? will all apps work on both? same os (2.1) ?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
which is better, if, at school, 3G is non existent, and GPS is not an issue as all my cars have navigation? also, what else can the ipohne 3G do that the v1 cant? will all apps work on both? same os (2.1) ?
Yes to apps and 2.1. If 3G isn't important to you and you don't need GPS than the V1 is probably best for you. For one thing, the data plan is cheaper. No use paying for 3G if you aren't going to use it. Other than these two features,the phones are pretty much the same.
Where are you planning on getting a V1?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha whats that supposed to mean lol!:p
-But the 3G has GPS and the faster 3G network
-It can also crack for no reason, and have "Light leakage"

also, a difference is the build of the two...
the V1 is built sturdy and feels solid in your hand...
the 3G doesn't feel as solid as the V1 does and if you don't have 3G in your area, no point in paying the extra money...

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Haha whats that supposed to mean lol!:p
-But the 3G has GPS and the faster 3G network
-It can also crack for no reason, and have "Light leakage"
LOL --- So True, Cracks and Light Leakage are a common problem on the 3G, sad isn't it? Did we mention that the Vibrate switch sometimes falls off? And dust under the screen?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Wow Ive never heard about the vibrate switch falling off or dust under the screen :p
-I would have thought with the 3G's new "metal" buttons and stuff quality would have risen lol!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there's also a difference in the screen tint. The v1 is more blue, and the 3G is more yellow. If this will be your first iPhone, and you haven't looked at both side-by-side, you probably won't notice, but it is undeniably there. Some say the 3g's is more "natural", but i still prefer the coolness of the v1 screen.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
What phone are you using now?
Well here's a definite lesson I have learned with my iPhone being stolen, NEVER CARRY 2 PHONES ON YOU! I had not only my 8gb iPhone in my pants pocket but my HTC 8125 in the other also :(
-I don't know wtf I was thinking, cause that had to have been the most dumbshit Idea I ever came up with...Alright I figured I would carry both of my phones with me so that if I ever got caught texting with my iPhone or some random reason the teacher would have to take it I would just hand them my older HTC to them:oops: OMG WTF WAS I THINKING!

But yeah I had an HTC 8125 before the iPhone and it was also customized pretty good with a full SPB theme and apps, overclocked, a slide to unlock screen, 3D games, a keyboard, etc just an awesome smartphone :)

I cant say this enough...but this is a definite HARD life lesson to my foolish self

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
1st block/period I have Physical Conditioning and in the smaller gym is the wrestling lockeroom...all the wrestlers get dressed in their including me :(
-One day we come back from a hard morning of Upperbody workouts, and my friend notices that his phone(HTC shadow) is missing from his duffel bag, I look at my pants and they obviously looked like they've been tampered with cause my wallet was out on top of my pants I then check my pants pockets and they are flat as a book(cause both of my phones added weight and a bulge to my pants pockets) :(

I run to the coachs, they search possible suspects, I run to the cops and...thats what happened :( The next my friend tells me that he saw the guy go in our lockerroom, I tell the cops, they snatch him up...next thing I know I'm filling out a police report, but nothing has happened:mad: that kid is still in school/class probably stealing more stuff!