iPhone .vcs support

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by DocRawk, Jun 22, 2009.

1. DocRawk

DocRawk New Member
    Bronze

I'm new to the iPhone. I'm running into a problem with both mail and safari not being able to download .vcs calendar files. I don't really understand this, since they are supposed to be compatible with iCal. I use an online appointment scheduling service for a private businesss. I've been able to use .vcf files to load my businesss contacts, but I'm currently having to manually input all of my appointments. Please tell me there is a setting somewhere that I'm just missing...

2. zandrik

zandrik Member
    Bronze

Hmmm

I thought vcs files were only for contacts not calendar items. an ics file is an ical calendar file.

Hope that helps.

3. Ainuke

Ainuke New Member

.vcF is for vCard/contacts.
    .vcS is for vCal/iCal events. Almost identical to .ics (sometimes the extension can be interchanged without issue).

CalendarHappy (in the AppStore) will convert your .vcs file to something the iPhone calendar will recognize. They added .vcs support to their app at my request within 48 hours. The app is a work-around by Anyone's measure, but painless.
    Until Apple gets on the ball it's the only option I've been able to find.

Here's the link to the thread I started in the Apple forums:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12662582&tstart=0

Good luck.

4. Elizabeth Hedstrom

Elizabeth Hedstrom New Member

Hi Everyone, We have re-released Calendar Happy because of the lack of support for .vcs files on iOS 5.0 and a customer requested it. Hope this info and program is helpful to others. Keep in touch.
    --Eric & Liz
    calendarhappy.com