iPhone :very week in signal receiving?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

duttaluri

Jul 10, 2007
hi

I got trouble. my iPhone suddenly stopped receiving signals...
called AT & T ..spent 20 minutes of my office time ..they concluded that this si iPhone issue and connected me there. APPLE( iPhone) lady picked up the phone..kept me waiting a couple of times..spent some 15 minutes.... Could not identify the issue. I was told again to goto Cingular centre.

a basic Free phone is receiving signals very well from the same spot at same time...

somuch for US $ 600!

Best rgeards
Duttaluri

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Here's a simple test to prove where the problem lies. Take the SIM out of your iPhone and put it in another AT&T or unlocked phone. If it gets a full signal where the iPhone gets zero, then it's the iPhone.

Joe

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I don't have any issues with the signal on my iPhone.

I would suggest exchanging it for a new iPhone.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I think iPhone has a weak antannae inside buildings... In my apartment I get practically zero service but when other att customers are in my place with other phones they also get horrible service. When I step outside to my balcony I get excellent reception... With that in mind, my verizon service in my apartment was only slightly better.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I think iPhone has a weak antannae inside buildings... In my apartment I get practically zero service but when other att customers are in my place with other phones they also get horrible service. When I step outside to my balcony I get excellent reception... With that in mind, my verizon service in my apartment was only slightly better.
That's not the iPhone then. If your building is made from concrete or has brick or another type of stone on the outside, it's going to interfere. There's nothing Apple or AT&T can do about that.

Joe

duttaluri

Jul 10, 2007
Weak signal

That's not the iPhone then. If your building is made from concrete or has brick or another type of stone on the outside, it's going to interfere. There's nothing Apple or AT&T can do about that.

Joe

Thank you all ,

1) I love Apple and iPhone. the signal thing has been a disappointment for me.
2) I did exactly what AT&T and Apple people told me.Spent more than 30 minutes.

3) Both of them unable to diagnose.

4) thats when i got into this forum, got some tricks& tips. Cold booted( reset my phone) it received some signals then failing again

5) I am not living inside a sealed building. Basic 50 dollar phones are working fine from same place/seat and with same SIM card( iPhone sim)

6) while writing this i checked twice...my phone isn't working.

7) replacement is not a feasible option.

8) I requested Apple /AT&T ,a diagnosis of the Issue, not even a solution. we have many solutions...like going out or climbing a tree when we want to call...but then ,we still don't know when someone is going to call us...

thank you
best regards
Duttaluri

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

Joe

Yes I know that I don't recall blaming Apple for this in my post...i thought I made it clear that it was a signal problem due to my surroundings.... In the case of the original poster it sounds like you may have a problem... Have you gone to an Apple store?

duttaluri

Jul 10, 2007
Exchange the phone or stop whining. Pretty simple solution.
Thank you brunn ,for changing the wording from your recent post regarding this ..., i 'was' thinking i am in a wrong society.

will update here as to why AT&T and APPLE or blaming each other in my case....
I am going to reachout to an Apple store and a cingular store PERSONALLY today!

Best regards
sudarshan

duttaluri

Jul 10, 2007
signal iPhone

hi Apple personnel did solve this. by toggling airplane mode on/off switch but after a week ihad to go back to them for a complete restore as it refuseedto switch on. this pHone is basically a smaller computer with satellite phone But i still like iPhone.