iPhone Vibrates Every Few Seconds When Plugged In

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Aloo Bhat, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Aloo Bhat

Aloo Bhat New Member

I have an iPhone 5. I was charging the phone with a charging case whilst listening to music on bluetooth speakers on Fri 28th night. The phone did heat up.

On 29th Sat morning, the phone was working find but randomly shut off whilst I was using it. I was able to turn it back on and reuse it until it turned off again but when the apple logo showed up when I booted it, the screen flickered - as if brightness was going up down up down.

Then on 30th Sunday when I charged the phone, it showed the charging symbol on notifications and made the charging sound but the battery percentage wouldn't increase, It went down from 11% to 7% then the phone completely switched off.

It wouldn't turn back again and when I plugged in the charger it vibrates every few seconds. Now it just vibrates when I plug it in and the screen is completely black and won't turn on at all.

I have important videos and photos on the device that I cannot lose. I am out of warranty so Apple repair will be too expensive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Are you using a third party charger or cord? This could be part of the problem if so.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I have that happen with an OEM cord. Looks likes burnt spot on one side of the contacts. I flip it over & it works fine.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yeah, try using an Apple brand charger and cable. Let us know what happens.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I agree with everyone who thinks it's probably related to the charger or charging cable. I had an Apple cable that repeatedly did that. When I would charge, it would vibrate frequently as it was losing the connection and reconnecting. The cable looked fine and didn't have any visible fraying or kinks, so it must have been a wiring problem underneath the covering. Apple replaced the cable for free.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Remember when I had something lodged in my iPhone's charging port?

And yes, guys, by "my iPhone's charging port," I mean my iPhone's charging port.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Did that cause vibrating?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The phone vibrates when it's first connected to a power source. Anything that intermittently disrupts that power source (power interruption, faulty cable, port clogged with debris, etc.) will result in it vibrating intermittently as it reconnects. You can watch the charge indicator in the status bar to verify that it's losing and reestablishing the charge.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Gotcha!