iPhone Video Recorder - second killer-app from DreamCatcher

forenplayer

Apr 27, 2008
Toronto
I payed for the software,but i got an error that the code is invalid when i tried to activate it. i emailed the developer,but no response so far. has anyone else encountered this problem...
Thanks
I had the same problem, took 4 emails to get the correct activation key

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i just noticed when renaming videos make sure to put .mp4 at the end otherwise the video disappears.

coldrg

Mar 31, 2008
We have just released iPhone Video Recorder V1.1.8, with improved brightness function. A newer version V1.2.0 is on the go which offers by a stronger encoder, some new features, and less bugs.
Thank you very much for your support, we are so glad that you are interested in our product. We love your emails, advice, and support. Meantime, nothing can stop us working on with more functional and legibel product.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
We have just released iPhone Video Recorder V1.1.8, with improved brightness function. A newer version V1.2.0 is on the go which offers by a stronger encoder, some new features, and less bugs.
Thank you very much for your support, we are so glad that you are interested in our product. We love your emails, advice, and support. Meantime, nothing can stop us working on with more functional and legibel product.
I've had 1.1.8 for about a week now, what's up with that?

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
This app works great for me. I have no complaints except maybe that at first I couldn't see how to playback the captured video - just got a black screen until I realised that you have to touch the screen to get the controls up and play the thing. I think it's OK to charge good money for a good app. Someone had to make it happen and I value their investment of their ability and willingness.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
hey i just updated this app now it records video all wacked, its like its zoomed in too much, any one have the old version ? DON'T UPDATE TOO 1.1.8
I just tried out 1.1.8 and I noticed the same thing but to me it doesn't look like it is zoomed in, it is warped. If you are filming something close like your desktop and you move the camera left and right it will make the desktop look like it is fluid. It will wobble around like you are looking through a fisheye lens. A bit too much for optimum everyday filming. You have to hold the camera very still to get a stable recording.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So, I noticed something today. I opened the app and the window that pops up upon launch that displays three options is missing the 'Continue Evaluation' button. My only options are to Purchase a license or Enter registration code. All the videos are still present, and are playable with AVPlayer.

- John

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
So, I noticed something today. I opened the app and the window that pops up upon launch that displays three options is missing the 'Continue Evaluation' button. My only options are to Purchase a license or Enter registration code. All the videos are still present, and are playable with AVPlayer.

- John
i had the same thing happen, i was wondering wtf? anyone know if this is like the end of the trial period for the software and we MUST purchase it now? i mean it was cool and all, but i'm not gonna pay 20 bucks when uShow should be out pretty soon. any thoughts?

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Ok I LOVED this app but I did a dumb thing with the demo. I accidentally hit the the buy now or register button and now I cant launch the program cause it keeps asking me to put in a code :( Yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it was as though i never uninstalled, all my videos were there and I could still not launch the prog without it asking to enter a reg code :(.

yes I know I should just buy the shareware but I don't need the full features and 30 sec vids are perfect to email, any longer and it takes forever.

So anyone have a solution aside from buying the app ?

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Ok I LOVED this app but I did a dumb thing with the demo. I accidentally hit the the buy now or register button and now I cant launch the program cause it keeps asking me to put in a code :( Yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it was as though i never uninstalled, all my videos were there and its still is asking for the reg code before I can do anything :(.

yes I know I should just buy the shareware but I don't need the full features and 30 sec vids are perfect to email, any longer and it takes forever.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ok I LOVED this app but I did a dumb thing with the demo. I accidentally hit the the buy now or register button and now I cant launch the program cause it keeps asking me to put in a code :( Yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it was as though i never uninstalled, all my videos were there and I could still not launch the prog without it asking to enter a reg code :(.

Maybe go into your iPhone directory and find and delete all references to this app (after you uninstall), then reinstall it. Also, go into your settings and 'reset all settings'.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I clicked both the "Purchase a license" and "Enter registration code" buttons. The Purchase a license just opens a browser and the Enter registration code has a cancel option that allows you to back up and "continue evaluation". I cannot reproduce the problem your having with it. Sorry.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I clicked both the "Purchase a license" and "Enter registration code" buttons. The Purchase a license just opens a browser and the Enter registration code has a cancel option that allows you to back up and "continue evaluation". I cannot reproduce the problem your having with it. Sorry.
I hit the cancel option after Enter registration code and it goes BACK to "Purchase a license" and "Enter registration code" buttons. a constant loop of not working :(

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you not have a third option below those two that says "Continue Evaluation"? Mine has 3 buttons, Purchase, Enter Code and Continue Eval. I wonder if there is a time limit on the program that I haven't reached yet but you have. How odd.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
John was talking about having reached some sort of limit with his. His Eval button disappeared as well.

Unannounced disabling is NOT A COOL FEATURE. Backlash city, man. Ya gotta warn folks about that.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Especially since the only notice about limitation that I remember seeing was that unregistered was limited to 30 second recordings. Not good.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I just went to their site to see if there was any information concerning the time limitation and boy was I shocked, they have taken our postings from this forum and put them on their site as "favorable comments" without asking anyone if that was okay. My first post in this forum concerning the size of the video files compared to Showtime and my initial thoughts on the program after using it the first time has now become a comment on their site as if I wrote to them complimenting them on their product.
Unpublished expiration of the software and then posting comments without even asking? Not a good way to run a businesss. At least they gave me credit for my comment. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
OK, now it's my turn. I went to record my daughter running in a track event, when I get the screen that asks for purchase/enter registration. No other option, so I couldn't record her event. They never said this was a time-limited trial, just a 30-second limit. WTF.