iPhone Video Recorder

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
is there more there one? i haven't been payin attention to the 3rd party scene since i had to get a new iphoine which had 1.1.3 so i had to wait a while to jailbreak. i remember there was the showcase or whatever and then the pirated one that had unlimited recording time which i used lol. did new ones come out?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I bought Showtime because its the only thing available. Plus Layton is hosting some of the Installer server load on his Polarbear servers so he could use some help. I also donated to DrunknBass in the hopes he'd finally release *something* lol.

Showtime is pretty cool, beats having nothing ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I was using the pirated ShowTime from BigBoss (shame, shame) until I had to re-jailbreak and it was removed from the BigBoss source. I know use the legit version. However, the framerate is way too low and the lack of audio keeps me form donating.

- John

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I was using the pirated ShowTime from BigBoss (shame, shame) until I had to re-jailbreak and it was removed from the BigBoss source. I know use the legit version. However, the framerate is way too low and the lack of audio keeps me form donating.

- John
I've been asked by Layton not to divulge any details regarding Showtime's future, so let's just say everything you dislike about it will be fixed. I'm very excited for the next release, it will be the robust video recording application we expected.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've been asked by Layton not to divulge any details regarding Showtime's future, so let's just say everything you dislike about it will be fixed. I'm very excited for the next release, it will be the robust video recording application we expected.
I hope it comes quite soon, otherwise I won't be using it. (I'll be restoring come the SDK.)

- John

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Man, I like the sound of that. I'll buy it for sure.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
anyone else having a playback issue? I have to turn off my summerboard wallpaper to see the video playback correctly.

Gonna try an uninstall / reinstall next.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
anyone else having a playback issue? I have to turn off my summerboard wallpaper to see the video playback correctly.

Gonna try an uninstall / reinstall next.
I'm using Summerboard and not having any issues playing back within ShowTime. However, I am seeing an issue with playing the longer .mov files on QuickTime. So far, 3 files of the short, 5-second variety copied over to the PC play fine in QuickTime. 3 files around the 20-second mark and around 40-75mb in size, refuse to play. I get the error in the attached screencap ...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Please send your issues to layton@polarbearfarm.com.

I just spoke with him regarding the playback issue and he is now working on a fix as this was his second time hearing there was a problem.

In the meantime if you do experience playback issues, launch SMB prefs and turn off your wallpaper when you wish to watch the playback.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Please send your issues to layton@polarbearfarm.com.

I just spoke with him regarding the playback issue and he is now working on a fix as this was his second time hearing there was a problem.

In the meantime if you do experience playback issues, launch SMB prefs and turn off your wallpaper when you wish to watch the playback.
just got an email from them, there is a new update.