iPhone Volume Booster?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
guys i download a program called iPhone volume booster (or boost) but i can't remember the source :( i had to restore but the problem is that i forget the source does anyone knows from where i can get it ?

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
what is the app called on modmyifone

i cant find it, they have so many aps (they are all web based right?)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I have two questions:
1. Does it work with 1.1.2?
2. Do you notice an improvement on speakerphone?
I'm fooling with the values as we speak. They're messing around with it on the last 2 pages. I just adjusted all the values in the RegionalVolumeMaximum plist and the iPod headphones about made me go deaf. Haven't tested phone volume yet. I'm using 1.1.2.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I'm fooling with the values as we speak. They're messing around with it on the last 2 pages. I just adjusted all the values in the RegionalVolumeMaximum plist and the iPod headphones about made me go deaf. Haven't tested phone volume yet. I'm using 1.1.2.
Could you please report to use when you're done? Thanks

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
headset volume increased so much that you have to keep it at least half way down.... Speakerphone volume increased but you still have to be in a library to hear it well!LOL It IS louder, at least. I used it in the car the othearday.... Still too low to be really practical...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Speakerphone volume increased but you still have to be in a library to hear it well!LOL It IS louder, at least. I used it in the car the othearday.... Still too low to be really practical...
Hmmm, if yer still driving that white Bronco, OJ, it could be the vehicle. Lotta road noise in them Broncos, as you would know. :cool:

But seriously, I applied this hack to my 1.1.2 iPhone. I converted the plists to binary, otherwise com.apple.celestial.plist kept getting wiped out on every reboot.

Seems to be louder, but I couldn't swear to it.

--
Mike

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Hmmm, if yer still driving that white Bronco, OJ, it could be the vehicle. Lotta road noise in them Broncos, as you would know. :cool:

But seriously, I applied this hack to my 1.1.2 iPhone. I converted the plists to binary, otherwise com.apple.celestial.plist kept getting wiped out on every reboot.

Seems to be louder, but I couldn't swear to it.

--
Mike
LOL, Mike, the white Bronco comment gets a laugh...

The hack works great for me....of course I'm still on 1.0.2. I'd love to upgrade if modding was as easy on 1.1.2 as on my current firmware.... O well...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I did this one too and think I may have noticed a little improvement. Not as dramatic as i was hoping for though. Someday maybe I'll have a phone that I don't have to have the volume turned allllll the way up on just to be a little disappointed with the volume, lol.

I may go back and look at what you all are doing to edit the values. I don't see why it's so difficult to get the volume we need.