iPhone volume is a problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does your iPhone sound loud enough? Read the choices carefully.

• I listen to music with a boomy subwoofer. And I think the iPhone volume is great.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I listen to music with a boomy subwoofer. And I think the iPhone volume is average.

• I listen to music with a boomy subwoofer. And I think the iPhone volume is terrible.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • My sub doesn't boom or I don't have one. And I think the iPhone volume is great.

• My sub doesn't boom or I don't have one. And I think the iPhone volume is average.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • My sub doesn't boom or I don't have one. And I think the iPhone volume is terrible.

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
Speaker, as if you were holding the phone to your ear. Not on speakerphone, not on headphone.
The small speaker that you hold up to your ear when holding the iPhone is referred to in the users manual as the "Receiver."

My Volume on the iPhone is to low to use as a phone, period! I have let others check this and all agree that it is not going work for them if it is not fixed. The Apple Store rep told me he thought that my phone was to low to hear on. I did not have time to wait that day for an appointment for a genius, but I did call, I have a case number with Apple support and we shall see what happened from there. They were nice, and they have referred this to the engineers to see what if anything can be done. I am to hear back form them on my land line first of next week.

I have tried 3 phones now and all are too low when using as a phone when holding it up to my ear. This is a serious problem for me and I hope that it gets fixed. I wished this was just my phone or wax in my ear or plastic, or anything that does not have me returning the phone, but I am running out of ideas.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
It's obvious at this point that the volume is way too low. The customer service rep told me that's the number 1 complaint they get.

equus

Jun 29, 2007
Try this and see if it helps
go to settings
tap on Ipod
Turn OFF Sound Check
tap on Volume Limit
Volume limit slider pull to right
Turn Volume Limit to OFF

IF you prefer change EQ setting to Treble Booster and you will have good volume now.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
IF you prefer change EQ setting to Treble Booster and you will have good volume now.
A little O.T., but I find any iTunes EQ settings introduce noise on iPods or Macs. The EQ is done in the digital domain, and it's a messy implementation.

Anyhoo, I need more respondents for this to be an accurate survey. 300 people have looked but less than 10% have responded.

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
the volume on my iPhone is really loud I can hear the person on the other end with my phone at least a foot away (and I don't mean with the speaker on)
That is cool. Can you tell us what model you have. This is under Settings General>>About.

That might help in tring to understand this Low Volume mess. Mine is very, very low on the internal spearker at the top of the phone.

Thanks...

-howard