iPhone Volume

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IPHONERR

Nov 29, 2007
Hey everyone maybe some one can help me with the volume of the iPhone... its really low and its all the way up I also tried plugging in the head phones and turning it up that way and still nothing... if there is something else I can do please help.
Thanks to all:cool:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I suggest updating to the 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 firmware version. Those particular updates did improve upon the overall volume of the device. (If you have hacked your phone for 3rd party software, then I would update only to 1.1.1)
You will need to do a search for a link to the ipsw file and download it to your PC. Then, connect your iPhone and start iTunes. If you get a message that there is a new firmware update (1.1.2) and it asks if you want to update, say no and check the box not to ask you again.
SYNC your data. save your pics, and email yourself your Notes. Otherwise, you are going to loose them.
Then, holding your left shift key, click on the restore button. It will open a window for you to specify the location of the restore file. Locate you 1.1.1 ipsw file and select it. The phone will then be updated.
Once the update is finished, it will restore your data back to the phone. Sync again to get all your music and movies back.
Test the volume it should seem noticably louder.

*** If you are not hacking the phone, and it's not unlocked for other carriers, then you might as well update to 1.1.2. Make sure that you sync your data before starting the process, and once you have everything backed up, then just hit the update button.

keanmy99

Dec 5, 2007
Germany
I'm using the unlocked iPhone with firmware 1.0.2 and don't have any problems with the sound. Actually I changed my new-text-message-sound via ibrickr, and it is so loud, that the speakers sound like they're about to explode. Problem is, I can't turn it down with the volume button or in the sound settings.

Maybe someone could help with some advise :eek: