iPhone vs Droid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eyecandy=stupidity, May 6, 2011.

1. eyecandy=stupidity

eyecandy=stupidity New Member

I see posted all the iPhone lovers hating on the droid.
    Videos posted giving unfair circumstances, such as the iPhone having wifi enabled and a droid only using edge.
    So it is time for me to hate on the iPhone, and Apple in general.

The droids have always packed more power, usability, and no lack of free content.
    almost every app on the market for droid is free and anything paid usually is just add free.
    You know i have a close family memeber that works at a cellphone store and most of the people that buy the iPhone are just too lazy to try the droids!

The droids you can completely hack the phone, you can change the os. There are many ROMs out there for it. The phone is NOT a POS! i have never had a droid break and i have anger issues having chucked every droid down at the ground. leaving dents in the side, not cracked screen no falling off keyboard or whatever.

The Droid line also has the right idea for consumers, they make every kind of phone NOT JUST A TOUCH SCREEN! They have the full keyboard, they have the blackjack style phone, they have the full touch in different sizes, and even dual screens!

Android developers encourage the experimentation of their OS, Apple wouldn't even let users run apps in background even though someone had taken the time to develop the change. Apple has you guys tied down, WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU STAY LOYAL, they took away verizons annual upgrades... NO OTHER PHONE COMPANY COMPLAINED...

Do you guys just assume Apple knows best, do you like paying someone to boss you around and tell you what to do with your owned product. I can understand simplicity and not wanting to deal with a learning curve and such. But truly and honestly if you want a phone that can do everything, don't buy another i phone.

Do you not get that the ipad 2 just came out and droids have had this dual processor thing for a while now, and nearly all there phones will have it. not only the dual processor but graphics accelerator with it. Plus i don't think you can overclock an iPhone, or underclock to conserve battery (and i mean conserve, lasted 3 days texting most of the day). We can change backgrounds, icons, the way it slides left and right, the way the drawer opens that has all the apps, the size of the icons, the way menus come up, text size,font size,font color. EVERYTHING CAN LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT. IF YOU TAKE THE TIME YOU CAN MAKE IT LOOK VERBATIM OF AN iPhone!

The droid is about exploring, your iPhone is just a phone that plays games... they had those in black and white. You might like your games better, but why are they all on the Android market now? Why are your games all the sudden having new versions only appear on the Android market? Why? because the Android performs, and the Android owns.

Your tied down and you cant see it, its sad i feel bad for you like i feel bad for old people. They cant help it and neither can you XD

2. eyecandy=stupidity

eyecandy=stupidity New Member

PS
    99% of customers who return a droid for an iPhone, is because the phone is too much. Literally, i hear these people complain about the problems, and its just a matter of looking in the settings. Stupidity, the lack of ability to understand/ the lack of common sense.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And your trolling the everyrhingIcafe starting yet another droid vs iPhone thread for what reason? Other than to create a ruckus ?

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I wonder if your Investment agent bought the wrong stock ?

5. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Sounds like he is trying to convince himself to keep his Droid and not upgrade to an iPhone.

6. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

If the OP is happy with his/her droid keep it, the vast majority of people on this site love their iPhones, if the droid works for you GREAT! we are all happy for you.

7. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

I read the first few sentences and had to stop!

I will say that I am a fan of BOTH platforms and see the value in both platforms. This constant bickering is silly and counterproductive and there are things that each does better than the other and honestly, the two platforms cater to two different types of people.

Personally, as users I think it is great if they both keep pushing each other to get better...we all win when that happens.

8. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Gotta love new users with an agenda.

Don't take the bait, folks.

9. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

Exactly, it's one of those "congratulations" and "happy birthday" to the OP, you have the phone of your dreams, enjoy it.

10. CyberData4

CyberData4 Member
    Bronze

Guys, we shouldn't just assume such a thing from a new user and condemn them as a troll.....

>.>

But seriously, buy what works for you. I often have discussions with people about smart phones and my general point is: Read about what the device offers. Weigh the pros and cons and in the end choose a device that meets your needs.

My needs are the following (In no particular order): Great battery life. 3G coverage. Tons of 1st class apps. Constant support. Good hardware.

For me, the iPhone is the best device for me. For now. I fully admit that I reevaluate Android often. It's made a wonderful amount of progress and that's good. Because there are A LOT of features iOS simply would NOT have if it wasn't for Android driving competition. But for now, I still consider it an unrefined OS. In time when it matures, I may switch. But for now, I'll stick with the stability of iOS.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

@Cyberdata4: if coming into a forum named everyrhingICafe and expounding on the virtues of a droid isn't being a troll, what is?
    The hint for the OP should be everyrhingI, like iOS, no?

12. Syamil

Syamil Member
    Bronze

The Force always wins. No matter how strong the dark side is. ( ̄▽ ̄)

13. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I wouldn't want to pay my hard earned money on Droid phone and find out I made a mistake....

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

My friend got the htc incredible after weeks of telling me that she was gonna get the iPhone, for some reason verizon rep. Are pushing people away from the iPhone really bad so she fell for it, now she's crying because she has to charge her phone 4 times a day. What a glorious day, I love it when I'm right!

15. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

Is it within the 30 day window? (or whatever the vzn return policy dictates) Tell her bring that POS back! :p

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

She told me there is a 50$ re-stocking fee? Is this true?

17. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Ehhh, I guess I'll take the bait. Ummm nevermind....not worth my time. Op, do us a favor, go hump your droid. And btw, iPhone rules!

18. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

I couldn't care less about jailbreaking or apps for that matter. I had jailbroken my first iPhone and I have to admit it was fun being able to customize it. But at the same time phone became unstable. It just wasn't reliable anymore. When it comes to apps I only need calc, camera and notes for myself and PDFreader for use at work. Everything else is irreverent. I have couple games but they are not essential. iPhone is a phone. I like it for the way it looks. Every other cellphone I have owned I sold but my previous (iPhone 3GS) is still in my desk drawer because I like design so much I am keeping it. I doubt I would like any droid. Droid X and Incredible both look too big and plastic. I kind of like how Samsungs look (Focus or Fascinate) but I don't think I would switch. I doubt cellphone company rep would sway me one way or another. If I go to any store to make a purchase I first spent a LOT of time researching my options.

19. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I came here because there is less of this kind of thead abuse (like rumors).
    I love this forum because I get the information I am looking for (iPhone/pad and Apple)
    The people are really cool and this forum has a more private feel then others.
    Once you get to know some members you feel that actually you have "New Friends"!
    And indeed you do! What I like best is I may be strange at times and even be an oddball, but nobody is judging (trolling) you here! They take you as you are! If that is not for you (matter what phone you use) then I feel so it's not your place and specially your loss.

20. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Vive la difference.