iPhone vs HTC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kurtengelmann, Jun 6, 2014.

1. kurtengelmann

kurtengelmann New Member

Hello. Having now accepted that I am not getting back my beloved iPhone 5 with Otterbox and killer screen protector (phone was bullet proof)...I am now faced with options:

Option 1: Use my 3G until the 6 comes out?

Option 2: Sign up with Verizon and get a subsidized HTC? Then switch to their edge plan when the v6 rolls out.

I am a long term Apple guy (3, 3G, 5, ipads, ipods), but I am being drawn to the HTC for its size and customization.

I am looking for any all feedback/comments? Anyone else have HTC One?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Use the 3G until the 6 comes out. You'll be glad you did. Edge is not a good plan, IMO!

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I used the HTC One when it came out last year. This year has seen some improvements, but the camera is still not on par with Apple's. I also found the HTC One to be too big for my taste, though that could be an issue with the iPhone 6, considering that's also going to see a jump in screen size.

If you made a decision to lock into a contract now, I think you might regret it. You're essentially making the choice between an HTC One M8 (a very nice phone) and something which doesn't exist yet. If this were September and the iPhone 6 was out, how much consideration with the HTC be getting about now. While I certainly agree with the customization factor, HTC also skins their Android phones.

I have a suggestion. What about the Moto E or Moto G off-contract. If memory serves, both are available for Verizon. I've used both and both are very capable, in addition to providing a pure Android experience. The biggest weakness on these devices is the camera. From a phone standpoint, these perform exceptionally well, despite their low price. These work with their pre-paid plans, so I'm not sure how that would work or if it would work with your current plan.

This way, you have little invested, get a new phone now and you can make your choice when the iPhone 6 releases later this year.

4. Honestly I feel like I am committed to iPhone only because I am too lazy to port over all my important stuff (like calendars and contact info)