iPhone vs Nokia N95-3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Is anyone thinking about getting rid of there iPhone and getting the New Nokia N95-3. Looks like this will be stealing a lot of iPhoners from AT&T.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
The Nokia product line is fine, but switching to a Nokia is about as likely as switching to Windows for me. Ain't gonna happen.

Nokia is like a really fast car designed by tech boys. It'll get the job done, probably better than an iPhone. But the experience is the key. Life of too short to look at feature lists and ignore the pleasures. The iPhone is like a fine Italian sportscar. Doesn't have the feature set of a BMW, but what a difference when you sit behind the wheel.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
The Nokia product line is fine, but switching to a Nokia is about as likely as switching to Windows for me. Ain't gonna happen.

Nokia is like a really fast car designed by tech boys. It'll get the job done, probably better than an iPhone. But the experience is the key. Life of too short to look at feature lists and ignore the pleasures. The iPhone is like a fine Italian sportscar. Doesn't have the feature set of a BMW, but what a difference when you sit behind the wheel.
Agreed.

Ricky Cadden on Hofo made the following remark regarding the iPhone vs N95 debate:

" at the end of the day, here's the difference:

The iPhone is designed to CONSUME multimedia. The N95 is designed to CREATE multimedia. Which are you going to do more?"

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
how the frack does the nokia get 5 points for design, it is a slider phone, that is not a creative design and especially next to the iPhone how can that get 5 points for for design.... ITS A SLIDER, LIKE EVERYOTHER PHONE OUT THERE

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
It depends. Some people will prefer the iPhone, others will prefer the N95.

No-one is really right here, it's all just opinion.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Ricky49 isn't a troll just because he thinks the Nokia is better, I prefer Nokia but I post here cos I don't see the point of posting on a board where everyone agrees with you and I'd already know more than most of the people on there anyway.

I'm not surprised the N95 got 5 on design, some people liked the old one and love the black one. I not that fond of the look of the iPhone myself, but I hate the N95 more, you'll never catch me using a slider. Like that guy said earlier, the N95 is feature bloated tech guy phone while the iPhone is more for the smooth user experience.

Nokia really need to work on streamlining there phones, each feature doesn't need it's own application, it just makes it awkward browsing through them all to get where you want. I mean, it has a god-damn barcode scanner, I know they use them in Asia but it's not really necessary here.

keldig

Oct 15, 2007
i have both and i have to say the N95-3 wins hands down when it comes to functionality. But i think it's an unfair comparison IMHO. Nokia has been in this vertical for a long time and this is Apples first venture. Apple has done and outstanding job all things considered.

Something to also keep in mind is the OS for the N95 is a 3rd generation of a pretty good OS and it's open sourced as well. I've seen this debate over and over again and at the end of the day the iPhone interface is unmatched! as the N95's functionality is unmatched.

a friend of mine has both as well, he bought a Slingbox and uses his iPhone Sim ($20.00 data plan) in his N95 and watches tv (cable) via the n95 anywhere in the world and it's HD. He can also bluetooth it to his laptop. this is just an example of some of the stuff the N95 can do. One day (and i hope it's soon) the iPhone will be able to do more things like this and not have to be modded in order to do so.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Personally I don't like Symbian, it's not that bad or anything but it's so bloody slow, it just clunks around. However when the iPhone came along Nokia really took note of how people wanted a faster interface and from what I hear the newer versions of it go like a rocket but I've never tried it on anything other than a 1st gen N95 (which wasn't that bad actually, at least three times faster than my N93). Feature Pack 2's out soon and that's really speedy apparently with subtle transition effects and all that but it's gonna be overshadowed by the impending release of S60 4th edition and Touch.

Personally I'd just not bother buying a phone right now full stop. In 6 months it's all gonna take off (new S60, new iPhone and Android).

You know, I do believe this thread's inspiring me to make a long post about everything I hate about the iPhone.

keldig

Oct 15, 2007
Twinnie i hear ya loud and CLEAR! and agree with you as far as the future looking bright for us consumers.

the N95-3 has more ram which fixed all the slowness and ram over issues i experienced with the n95-1. as for the OS yes the the latest version of Symbian is much much faster then prior iterations yet there is always room for improvement!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Gentlemen, we have three haters in the house.

I'm not exactly sure how Nokia is a 'legend'. I've always thought their phones sucked, even pre-iphone.

For me, there is no comparison for the iPhone. It knocks 'em all dead.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

I'm not exactly sure how Nokia is a 'legend'. I've always thought their phones sucked, even pre-iphone.

- John

Lets see Nokia been out with the same old tired phones like every other company for what 20 years. And the iPhone a meer 7 months..............................geee

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I disagree.
I had a nokia 6151, a somewhat basic phone (160*128 res 1.3mp) but it had things the iPhone doesn't

like a videocamera
like obex object push
like a crap-your-pants-loud speaker
like phone call recording
like mms!

And I have now an iPhone too, but I still lug around the nokia.
I've already made a hairline crack on my iPhone.

Guess who's more durable? The nokia

But the iPhone I love because
it has wifi
the coolness factor
the huugeee screen
youtube
And the mac OS

(s40 blows on my nokia)

Oh, just in case you were wondering. Nokia 6151 - $230 iPhone $415(tax)

keldig

Oct 15, 2007

- John
i'm a hater because i don't agree with you? LOL

well john boy ya might want to own something before you make an assumption. ;)