iPhone wallet tracker?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by chris, Feb 6, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I am consistently losing my wallet, among other things. Seriously, I'm the worst when it comes to misplacing things and my wallet is at the top of the list, with keys a close second. At least with keys, I have a primary place in my house where they hang. They are either in my pocket or hanging up. My wallet is another kind of animal.

I've seen a number of Bluetooth trackers, some of which were at CES. I need a small Bluetooth device that works with an iPhone app. Ideally, I'd like tracking capability and it needs to be able to locate within my house. A bonus would be some sort of iPhone initiated chirping.

So does my perfect iPhone wallet tracker exist?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It would be great if there were something like "Find My iPhone" for wallets. I lost a handmade wallet sitting in the bleachers at a skate park. Would loved to have tracked it down. No cash lost, but had to replace everything. The finder didn't bother to make contact and return it.

3. AmandaKess

AmandaKess Member
    Bronze

I'm not aware of anything like that myself, but it's a genius idea. I'll definitely be following this thread for updates.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Would it help if you got a wallet case? That way you know where your wallet and phone are.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ugh. That would make using the phone cumbersome. I'd just assign a place to keep it like he does with the keys.

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have a wallet case and find it convenient. It does add some weight to the phone, but I like having my phone and wallet together. Your suggestion would work too if he can remember the assigned places .

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

The problem with a wallet case is that your iPhone would resemble a new curved display phone in no time from sitting on it when in your back pocket.